Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

So hows the Job market up towards Jax?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So hows the Job market up towards Jax?

I currently live down in SWFL, and am going through a seperation. On top of that, there is no work down here in any field. Thankfully, Im getting some money to leave the house. So now Im considering relocation to an aread that has more available work.

Now I know that the job market is crap all over the US, but compared to my small town it cant be worse. I have some friends and family in Jacksonville and Orlando that would be willing to help me relocate, just wondering what the job market and car scene is like mainly in Jax.

I have experience in sales, project management, performance work, and I'm certified through EFI University for tuning. At this point though, I'd even consider selling cars if the market is still decently strong.

So, to all you that live in the above areas and especially Jax... What industry do you work in and how is it doing?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fire67
I currently live down in SWFL, and am going through a seperation. On top of that, there is no work down here in any field. Thankfully, Im getting some money to leave the house. So now Im considering relocation to an aread that has more available work.

Now I know that the job market is crap all over the US, but compared to my small town it cant be worse. I have some friends and family in Jacksonville and Orlando that would be willing to help me relocate, just wondering what the job market and car scene is like mainly in Jax.

I have experience in sales, project management, performance work, and I'm certified through EFI University for tuning. At this point though, I'd even consider selling cars if the market is still decently strong.

So, to all you that live in the above areas and especially Jax... What industry do you work in and how is it doing?
My industry is thriving right now, but we are pretty much recession proof, from what i see (and im in the self moving business so i see alot of what is going on with the economy) Jacksonville is probably your worst choice if yoru looking for a job, small businesses are closing left and right and big business is steadily moving out of the area.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see alot of job listings up there. But alot of them seem to be more scamish than anything... My main thing is getting out of this town and therefore farther from my ex, lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
My industry is thriving right now, but we are pretty much recession proof, from what i see (and im in the self moving business so i see alot of what is going on with the economy) Jacksonville is probably your worst choice if yoru looking for a job, small businesses are closing left and right and big business is steadily moving out of the area.
Hey Rick, its Blake who used to have the silver WS6. are you looking to hire anyone right now? A good mechanic buddy of mine is recently out of work and has been looking HARD, with no luck. I saw you crusing down Blanding the other day btw,

Quick Reply: So hows the Job market up towards Jax?