Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Florida Mile 3/14/2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Mile 3/14/2010

The club I belong to is doing a Mile run in a few weeks. So far we have a lot of exotics. I believe I am the only one with a Camaro attending. We used Rolands mugshot for the flyer since he won the last event. His Gallardo has the Twin Turbo system from DLM. I believe his best speed was 212 but this time out he has some stronger competition. We have a highly modded ZR1 and Johns FordGT is pushing some sick numbers so it's going to be an exciting Sunday.

Camaro Corey if you want to ride just bring your helmet.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear VCA Members,

In just over a week, you will have an opportunity of a lifetime, and that is to drive your Viper with NO SPEED LIMITS! Yes, you read that right! For over a mile, you'll be able to have the pedal to the metal, WOT (wide open throttle), Drive it like you Stole it, and see what it feels like. The only ticket you'll get is the ticket that says how fast you actually went, and a certificate that will certify your time in the Standing Mile.

There are only about a half dozen places in the country that you can do this, but I will say this: we have the best venue, the best facility, and the best weather.

The regular cost to attend is $150 which includes the driver and car. If you wish to have the food included which is breakfast, lunch, snacks and all the beverages you wish, it's $200. Passengers are $50 each and spectators are $5 each. If you wish to bring a guest, the additional catering is $50 each.

VCA South Florida will be absorbing the difference of the following: Take $25 off the $150 package, $25 off the $200 Package, your passenger will be FREE, take off $25 for an additional catered lunch, and all spectators coming from the VCA will have free admission.

There are many who've signed up already and it's my hope that you'll be able to attend and have a blast in your Viper or other Exotic car.

Dodge was going to send a Bonneville Viper to us, thanks to Ralph Gilles and Steve Sharples, but the car was not ready. They will be bringing something special though, that even I don't know about. Dodge has also said that they may have Motor Trend cover this event, so be sure to have the So-Flo look.

Log on to the event website and see all the cars signed up thus far. www.topgunrun.com There will be some very fast cars and motorcycles, all trying to break the land speed record at this event. A notable car that will be there is a 2000HP Ford GT that is looking to go over 260 MPH in the Standing Mile.

FYI, in the afternoon and when time permits, we will have the timing lights moved an additional half mile so that those who need the extra distance can really set out to run their top speed.

You can sign up now at www.topgunrun.com and be sure to mention the VCA Discount. But you need to do that before next week due to the head count for lunch. If you are not a member of the VCA and decide to register reference my name for your discount.

Hope to see you on the airstrip.

Quick Reply: Florida Mile 3/14/2010