Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6

We were there running the car back in Feb. '07 for the first one. They liked my buddy Glen's car for the 16, but with the cold weather and all the oildowns, the 16 weren't picked until 10:45pm and they went with a much slower 11.0 field of cars.

If anyone saw that "Jupiter Pinks All Out" at the old MOROSO, then you know that even with a slower field, half the cars were going out of control on that 45 degree night.

They scrubbed the race at 2:45am and split the $10k purse 4 ways, and the
Toolbox went to a nice younger guy (16 y/o) who along with his family were pitted next to us in his Black '69Camaro. He was doing great wading thru the group up until the scrub.

If you saw that episode. We're the plain white '67 Camaro RS/SS with no lettering, no nothing, pretty quiet, and on a 10" tire with old school slapper bars, stock size cowl hood.(now a 4" cowl, and louder mufflers).
Just a tired looking Bowtie in a vanilla wrapper, and the old Fla. license plate still on the car says "LS-SIX".

They (Pinks) wanted, and so televised the old Camaro vs. Mustang thing.

After dark, we lined up against a white 1967 Mustang "Notch".

About 30 minutes into the show, you see the both white cars launch with the Camaro out first.
Then the camera shifts to the top end where the Mustang spinsout and hits the wall.
Camaro ahead the whole 1/4, with my friends son Roger driving as he has the NHRA license for that speed.

Car has been parked for the three years since. We were out at PBIR for the last couple Test n Tunes, but then they were closed last Friday and yesterday. So we went to Countyline last Friday night to button it up, and she ran good.

We'll be waiting our turn on line at the gates before sun up.
I'm not bringing my Formula as I don't think it's fast enough to have a chance being picked, as they seem to lean towards 9.0-10.5 second cars which are easier to find the 16 finalists for, (or 32 with "underdogs" as they have been doing on some episodes.

Stop by Friday or Saturday and say "Hi" if you can find the car.
Really doesn't look like all that much, but just like years ago, no "midnight moneymaker" ever should.

We just like to race, and remember the armdrop thing real well...
If you can, Wish Us Luck!

http://www.racepbir.com/calendarprin...My00Lmh0bWw%3D
www.racepbir.com

Last edited by RapidRick; 03-04-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

good luck man,

I went to the Pinks all out last year at Charlotte when they did the four wide that was very cool. Now at the end of this month NHRA four wide Nationals that will be sweet
Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Good luck. My wife a buddy if mine and me are here for it. I will look for you.

Steven
Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Thank you gents! Just got home. We'll do it all again tomorrow as the Driver's meeting is at 8am with Armdrop Rich....lol

Must say, orginization, etc. is 100% better so far than 3 years ago at the first Pinks "Un"-event.

btw, So far the fastest ride for the Quick 8 show tomorrow afternoon, is a Slick Purple '67 Nova at 7.03/208 mph.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Yea they seemeed to be very orginzed in Charlotte last April.

WOW thats a fast car.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks to all that dropped by when I was, and was not by the car.

I also was helping my other buddy who was parked close by with his '69 Z/28.
Show at PBIR was tight compared to the horrific display put on 3 years ago on the same grounds, tho the old MOROSO track & area.. Right stuff, right people and minimal clean up needed.
Almost 500 registered participants, but 130 "No Shows".

Unfortunately for us, the group picked were a slower class than we. But the car ran within .09 from our slowest to fastest pass of our 4 pre-race passes.
(2 passes on Fri. & 2 on Sat.) No Power adders and true 10" tire on an 8" rim with a slapper bar. approx. 3450# race weight.

btw, The Green Z/28 has been an NHRA F/Stock eliminator car (just refactored to E/Stock) for over 3 decades, and a 3 time World record holder.
It's Stock. I swear.....

Well, It was fun, and nobody got hurt.
But a couple of guys I witnessed at the starting pad today had registered there cars much slower than they actually ran, and were put into classes where they ran mid and upper 9's, when the cars they were paired with ran up 10.5-10.99 in one group, and 11.00-11.49 in the other class.

A Red 99 vette all lettered and from up North rann 9.90's against low 11 second cars, and I believe was kicked. Why, you may ask?
Well, how could this guy not know what he was doing?
He won an event either in 2007 or 2008 up North! Car is a well known 10.00 class car, and I understand has been to maybe two or three PINKS events so far.
Rich the "Arm Drop Madman" was not happy, and kept asking why these fast cars are mixed with slower cars, when they were clearly faster? Especially the "Ringer" Red Vette...

Oh, and can you Find the armdrop....lol
Attached Thumbnails PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060163.jpg   PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060141.jpg   PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060143.jpg   PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060144.jpg   PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060161.jpg  

PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3060173.jpg   PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6-p3050130.jpg  

Last edited by RapidRick; 03-07-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Quick Reply: PINKS ALL OUT!.... AGAIN Fri/Sat. March 5-6