Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

wanna see what a totaled camaro looks like??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wanna see what a totaled camaro looks like??

So I was driving up to an intersection on alafaya in the middle lane, both lanes next to me were stopped. Some guy pulls out into traffic across into my lane and hits the front right side of my car and our cars then came together (my right side, his left side)

here is the car:

so here's the story: The accident happened last Friday, 3/25. The other driver was at fault, but my attorney advised me to contact my insurance and have them take care of it because it's faster. So I did.

They sent a wrecker who picked it up. I asked him where he was taking it he said "I don't know" and gave me no paperwork...

My insurance company called me Monday and said I had to release the car from the towing company to them so they could take it to a repair center, which I did.

I heard nothing Tuesday... so today I called to see where my car is to get some personal items out of it. They said "oh, it's at a salvage yard. it was a total loss."

I said whoaaaa wait what??? I have my **** in the car, and the car was barely damaged! So she told me where the car was.

I went to the salvage yard to get my stuff. They brought my car(on a ******* fork lift!) so i could get stuff out of it. They left the windows cracked, it was completely soaked inside... this is me getting more angry.

On the way back to my office, I called the insurance company (calmly, somehow) after speaking with my attorney and asked them to give me the estimate of damage, and the value of the vehicle. They said they didn't do an estimate of damage yet, and don't have a value on the car. WHAT THE ****!?! they have NO clue what's wrong with it, or what it's worth, but they know it's totaled?!?!

This is still in the early stages so there is a chance things will work out, but I still owe on the car so I'm a little scared they're going to **** me.

No airbag deployment... no dents. The front fender BARELY pushed in where the bumper is, and the tie rod snapped (so new rack and MAYBE control arms) and the side will need to be painted. Was I being unrealistic when I imagined they would fix the car?! Especially since they're the ones I finance through... They're willing to lose my monthly insurance payment as well as my monthly car payment with interest?? amazing...
Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Wow WTF?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was waiting for a before and after pic.. wow. You werent even asked if you wanted to buy-back the car? Something's fishy in this situation, esp your car being in the salvage yard before anything was signed. I had a body shop "inspect my vehicle for damage" and it ended up missing half the upholstery, including the front seats. Definately make plenty of phone calls.. and dont be afraid to ask for superiors.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my lawyer is going to call them tomorrow and see if they can't get something done for me. I just want my car fixed!! I've put so much into it I'd hate to lose it
Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Wow.. I don't think I could have kept calm after seeing them bring my car over on a forklift. >
Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Default buyback

I would buy back the car either them fixing it or not
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I knew there was no use taking my anger out on them at the salvage yard, it will all be taken out on the insurance company, but in due time. I want to make sure they've completely decided to **** me before I let them have it...
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is what happens when you let the others insurance take care of it.
I had same happen and had to report car as stolen because they wouldnt tell me where it was.Found the car 2 wks later,yes it was indeed totaled.
Ive got plenty of experience at this PM me.Also insurance company doesnt own the car you do(until its paid off)
Old 03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleWhite96
I would buy back the car either them fixing it or not
They don't even have a price for me yet!! it's unbelievable. my entire family uses USAA so they're about to lose a lotttttt of money
Old 03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Company?

Never release your car, leave it in the yard, garage somewhere and get them to pay for a rental while it all gets worked out. These cars are valuable and they stole it from you. If you kept it, then they may have totaled it and you could buy it back but remember it would be a salvage title. Cut your losses and get all the $$ you can from your company and the guy who hit you. GL
Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

they probably did more damage with the forklift than the actual accident caused... i would lose my **** on them. definately get that lawyer working overtime on this one.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toplessHO
this is what happens when you let the others insurance take care of it.
I had same happen and had to report car as stolen because they wouldnt tell me where it was.Found the car 2 wks later,yes it was indeed totaled.
Ive got plenty of experience at this PM me.
no this is MY insurance company!! I'll see how this plays out. I remember speaking with you when you bought my wheels (and $10 4l60e lol) and I know you have a lot of experience with this. I'll let you know if I need anything, thank you!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
What Company?

Never release your car, leave it in the yard, garage somewhere and get them to pay for a rental while it all gets worked out. These cars are valuable and they stole it from you. If you kept it, then they may have totaled it and you could buy it back but remember it would be a salvage title. Cut your losses and get all the $$ you can from your company and the guy who hit you. GL
White hardtop to me is worth it even with a salvage title. If it was my car and I planned on keeping it for awhile i'd rebuild it. When my car got hit I refused the tow truck and limped it home. They came to me for an estimate, it never left my eyes.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
What Company?

thanks. they said "will you release the car from the tow yard so we can tow it to our repair facility and proceed with repairs" had I known they were lying I wouldn't have released it!

Originally Posted by 65panel5.3
they probably did more damage with the forklift than the actual accident caused... i would lose my **** on them. definately get that lawyer working overtime on this one.
I'll give them the opportunity to fix my car, if they don't, they'd better be ready to give me a LOT of money
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

White hardtop to me is worth it even with a salvage title. If it was my car and I planned on keeping it for awhile i'd rebuild it. When my car got hit I refused the tow truck and limped it home. They came to me for an estimate, it never left my eyes.
I searched high and low for my car. It's in AMAZING condition, and has been a great car... I really really don't want to lose it!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I searched high and low for my car. It's in AMAZING condition, and has been a great car... I really really don't want to lose it!
It looks to be in great shape..I almost want it. Good luck with it though and hopefully the insurance company takes care of you!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks to be in great shape..I almost want it. Good luck with it though and hopefully the insurance company takes care of you!
thanks man! yea it was perfect inside and out still pretty much is haha
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude wtf thats terrible. Id go ballistic. next time have them take it to your house!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

after its all done and settled id go and check into nailing them for fraud. that just straight
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camaroextra
dude wtf thats terrible. Id go ballistic. next time have them take it to your house!
there won't be a next time with these *****! Even if they fix it right, i'm getting a different insurance company

Originally Posted by 98ragz28
after its all done and settled id go and check into nailing them for fraud. that just straight
yea I will be looking into that depending on how this goes

Quick Reply: wanna see what a totaled camaro looks like??