Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Went to MASport for a tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went to MASport for a tune

Had some cold start issues, some minor changes, and losing the 100 octane diet, so needed a tune. Decided to venture down to Boca. All squared away, a fantastic experience, and a trouble free trip!

Dan, awesome job and what an amazing shop! Thank you for all the insight and a great deal. I am sure our paths will cross again when I get bored again in the future!

Last edited by kwiksilverz28; 05-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

+1 for dan. have always heard over and beyond things about him and his guys
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Teching In

What shop was that at? I'll be looking for some dyno runs in the future. I'm on the west coast by Tampa. Lashaway in Pompano beach came highly recommended, but they're on the other coast. Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

They're in Boca. We're 15 minutes south of Boca.
We have an in house MD-500, and can do anything else you need all in a professionally run atmosphere.

Erik@Lashway
Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Ahh, Nevermind. I was thinking Boca Grande which is on the west coast. I'll just have to plan on spending a couple days on the east coast so I can get the car detailed and everything while I'm there! Thanks Eric
Old 05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

No problem! Gimme a call if you ever wanna talk cars, or need help
Old 05-03-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bunch of thread hijackers! LOL!!!

As I understand it, the tuner at Lashway learned in Boca. I bought the book from Dan on tuning years ago. I don't have the chance to try it much, so booked a trip.... and was absolutely impressed with my visit there.

Lashway as a sponsor here seems absolutely stand up which is great.

Y'all need to get a shop up here in Cent FL! lol
Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 AM
FormerVendor

No hijacking here, I pay for and completely reserve the right to offer our services wherever I see fit. Obviously he's happy with the finished product which is great

Josh and I both know Dan personally and respect his abilities as a tuner.
However, we've perfected our ability to properly tune cars over several years, on our own time.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
No hijacking here, I pay for and completely reserve the right to offer our services wherever I see fit. Obviously he's happy with the finished product which is great

Josh and I both know Dan personally and respect his abilities as a tuner.
However, we've perfected our ability to properly tune cars over several years, on our own time.
You know I love you Erik but when a sponser's client comes on here to leave feedback on his experiences with a vendor, whether good or bad, its a lil ****'d up when another sponser posts up minimizing the work or solicits or advertises the same service.

I for one have no problem with giving Dan props for providing me skills with efi tuning, you should'nt either. Hell you would probably grab work from it. As for properly tuning cars for several years, well...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Damn Now that's a highjack if I've ever seen one!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3fingas
You know I love you Erik but when a sponser's client comes on here to leave feedback on his experiences with a vendor, whether good or bad, its a lil ****'d up when another sponser posts up minimizing the work or solicits or advertises the same service.

I for one have no problem with giving Dan props for providing me skills with efi tuning, you should'nt either. Hell you would probably grab work from it. As for properly tuning cars for several years, well...
Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I posted this, I did not realize that MASPort was a sponsor. I did not want to violate any rules. Should have checked.

MASPort's shop was amazing, and Dan was awesome. He explained everything he did, and the car starts perfect. I drove 215 miles past my original tuner, and no regrets; Dan gave kudos to my originals' work. I will absolutely talk to Dan for the next tune. Save me 2 trips. lol

I am disapppointed in the discussions on this thread of other tuners. Never seen Dan try to.... Whatever.

I will say it again. MASPorts shop was amazing, and Dan delivered beyond expectations.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Blah Blah Blah
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
When I posted this, I did not realize that MASPort was a sponsor. I did not want to violate any rules. Should have checked.

MASPort's shop was amazing, and Dan was awesome. He explained everything he did, and the car starts perfect. I drove 215 miles past my original tuner, and no regrets; Dan gave kudos to my originals' work. I will absolutely talk to Dan for the next tune. Save me 2 trips. lol

I am disapppointed in the discussions on this thread of other tuners. Never seen Dan try to.... Whatever.

I will say it again. MASPorts shop was amazing, and Dan delivered beyond expectations.
It's all good, glad you had a good experience. Never mind the idiots, this site is full of them.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28

Thanks for the props, dude! Speakin' of props, your car is one of the sweetest rides out there. Never had so many compliments on the overall cleanliness and installation work as we've had here on your car and the work you've done. Considering the quality and cost of some of the hardware that rolls through these doors, that's certainly something to be proud of!!
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

I also had Dan tune my car last week. Great guy, Great shop! Hope to deal with him more in the future
Old 05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

I would have had Dan tune my car too but I can't justify the 800-1000 dollars for it to get tuned which I was quoted. That's for an na tune btw. If I did that and changed setups, then had him do another tune it would have paid for the self tuning Holley setup that would never need a tuner again. When the price comes into line with other tuners which i was quoted 400-550, I might get it tuned. Until then I'll tune it myself and deal with my cold start problems and my high nine sec timeslips. There is no doubt Dan is one of the best tuners out there and wish him luck in the new place.

Last edited by GTFORMULA; 05-13-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$800-1000? I emailed about getting a tune and I wasn't quoted anywhere near that?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

wow $800 lol, that's crazy money for a n/a tune. i am thinking of having him tune my car after i decide on my h/c swap.

Quick Reply: Went to MASport for a tune