Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Who's got a welder around Satellite Beach FL and wants to help out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got a welder around Satellite Beach FL and wants to help out?

Like Title states, I'm looking for some one that has a welder and wouldnt mind hanging out and knock out some welds on a few things on my car trailer. I'm looking to take the tongue off my trailer and replace it with new, also take of the dove tail and repair/replace some of that metal that is bent, also replace/mount up some brackets that will hold my ramps underneath considering my currents brackets are to samll and are barely hanging on. It doesn't have to be a done project in one day but would like to have it ready by fall so I can hit up the track. Let me know if anyone local wouldn't mind helping out. Also if anyone has any idea where to pick up some structural rectangular metal steel that would help too. Doesn't seem like alot of choices around this area. Thanks alot and hope to meet yet another new friend, later Steve
Old 08-07-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

No one, lol! IS there anywhere to rent a welder? I can weld for sure, I just dont own one!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can give you the number to a business of a mobile welder, or look it up, Dannco welding, he's in south M.I.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well that helps alot, not! Anyhow I have 2 actually trailer repair folks around here and ones mobile however I thought this would be a good opportunity to meet another f-body guy and accomplish something at the same time. Apparently there are not many car enthusiast around the Satellite Beach/cocoa beach area, or at least not willing to lend a hand. I guess it's a good thing that my car is pretty much up to par minus an alignment. It's all good, I'll just have a professional take care of it!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come to Macclenny and we can weld it up for you and kill some beers!! lol Sorry I am not closer!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drive through Cocoa Beach and tell how many hot rods or modded cars you see, there's some around but they don't come out, Ilived there from the time I was 6 till my late 20's and I was the only one actually driving my car, 68 Camaro SS, not many others, and most people dont own a welder big enough for trailer work!! small duty cycle!

glad you got it covered, the guy I gave could helped out!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Lol, thanks Matt. I wish you where closer to bro. I will make it down there some time and drink a few beers with you for sure though!!!! Steve68 just want to start off and say that's a good name, lol! My name is Steve as well. I just put 2 & 2 together when I looked at the thread again. M.I would me Merrit Island I take it. That is real close if that is the case. I think I may contact this guy if you do have the number just to see what kind of price he will quote me at for the repair. I seem always see porche's down this way honestly. Nothing to american muscle like! Anyhow thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: Who's got a welder around Satellite Beach FL and wants to help out?