Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Benefit show @ Gainesville Ale House 9-25-11 (drag race car and street/strip themed)!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Benefit show @ Gainesville Ale House 9-25-11 (drag race car and street/strip themed)!

Similar in theme to a pair of "Fast Friday Nights" shows done at Hooters of Ocala last year (link to most recent show: www.ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members/1328878-gainesville-raceway-hooters-ocala-presents-fast-friday-night-oct-29th-2010-a.html), the third edition of a drag race car and street/strip rides will come to Gainesville as Behind The Scenez media (Thomas Gaines; Gainesville Raceway’s track photographer) and the Gainesville Ale House team up to do this show to benefit the S & S Foundation. The show will feature a variety of street and strip rides, as well as a silent auction (list of possible items up for bid is being put together, but so far FTI has already donated a custom converter valued at $1000), with the proceeds going to the foundation.

Where: Gainesville Ale House, 3950 SW Archer Road (just east of I-75, exit # 384)

When: Sunday September 25th 1-6 p.m.

This show is being done to benefit the 2 children of Tracey and Shelley Roberts who were the victims of a fatal crash last month (link to story: www.gainesville.com/article/20110829/ARTICLES/110829542). The brother of Shelley, Phil Greene who is also a drag racer, has taken in the two kids (ages 6 and 8). Phil is the kind of guy that does whatever is asked and more for others, but rarely asks for anything in return. This is why Thomas and his wife Renee have decided to put this event together.

Racers and those wanting to display their rides: please contact me to reserve your preferred parking spot (limited day of show parking also available).
If anyone wants to donate something towards the auction, please let know! It doesn’t have to be specifically car related, either.

I can be reached at 352-318-9741, putnam.derek@yahoo.com or shoot me a PM here.

Hope to see you there!

Derek
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've already got over a dozen race cars slated for this, and a few models are planning to come out for pictures as well!
It's not just for race cars, so bring out your LS-powered rides (or in my case, my old school SBC ride).

Derek

Quick Reply: Benefit show @ Gainesville Ale House 9-25-11 (drag race car and street/strip themed)!