Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

REALLY Need Some Help! Bourbon and Subs for Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default REALLY Need Some Help! Bourbon and Subs for Help.

I REALLY need some help guys with my 98 Formula. I plugged in the gauge cluster and reconnected the grounds so I could put voltage to the car. I was attempting to check for 12v sources and the switched lighting source, but... Every time I connect the positive terminal of my battery the horn will honk continuously. I cannot get it to turn off unless I disconnect the positive terminal of the battery. I tried pulling the airbag to see if the horn leads were messed up... they weren't. I then disconnected the plug for the horn under the steering column and it is still going off. Could this have anything to do with the airbag wiring being removed from the car? As in the car thinks the airbags went off and is honking the horn?

I REALLY need help with this guys as this is completely derailing me working on the car right now. I have tons of alcohol and will buy a sub for anyone that can come over to help me figure this out. Any help over the would be greatly appreciated as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Thoughts on this?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a bad clock spring or horn switch. check the horn relay make sure it isn't seized. what did you do to the car before this? did you literally just removed the airbag?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pinched wire, Bad clock spring, or relay. GL
Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

It ended up being the horn relay. I sent a text to a friend of mine and he called it right off the bat. My fuses are mounted down in front of the driver's front tire. When I cut the hole to put them down there I made it too small to pull the panels back through there without MAJOR disconnecting, removing the front wheel, other things, and a general pain in the ***. I pulled the relay for the fog lights and stuck it in there for now and no more honking! I'm going to go pick up a new relay and some fuses for my gauges here in a little bit before Advanced Discount Auto closes. Then, cut a WAY larger hole for my fuse boxes to come through.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. You have no idea how annoying it is to have your car not stop honking at you.

Quick Reply: REALLY Need Some Help! Bourbon and Subs for Help.