Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

body work and pait fail 01`Z28... now Im W/out money and screwed

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body work and pait fail 01`Z28... now Im W/out money and screwed

hi guys, I want to share my experience with the guy who painted my camaro...

he lives at the south part of lake land and I drive in the north part of Winter park, I paid him to istall a Wide body on my camaro, and do some sandblasting and rust fix under the chassis, I paid him mor than 4.500$ to do it, the price included tow from my home to the paint shop but 4 months ago everything became a living hell when they told me I should go a pick up the car by myself... the car is with out Engine/trans and a tow would charge me more than 400 bucks that I no longer have... because they took a year to finish the paint on my car, I was frustrated and asked all my friends for help but no one ended helping me, until last week when te Owner of CFTShop used the shop`s trailer to pick the car up, the paint is all messed up and there is cracks everywhere, he told me the Body pannels I gave him where ultra bad quality, they they are the same used on the 6LE Mc North car, at the end he told me is not his responsibility, the car was there for a year before the car was painted and 5 months after the car was painted, the interior was brand new with leather and suede and orange sticching to mach the color of the car... but now everithing is now scratched and messed because they put all the parts like radiator, exaust parts, old fenders over the seats with out protection... besides I also founth inside the car a frog, spiders, a small dead scorpion and the nest of a rat or wharever animal made that plus centipedes f everywere... the interior was all brand new with seats in leather and Suede with orange stiching... to resume this... now everithing is ruined...

(edited to fix som grammar and the price I paid.)

how much would cost to fix this?

Facebook Post

Last edited by SesiomSummers; 02-08-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Dude, take him to court now. Get a lawyer now and post a better video so we can see more detail.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Wow thats sad.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Im an international student and I live home alone in the states so I really don want to mess with puertorican people... even less mess with courts on something I dont know, I just want to know were I could find someone to fix this, sorry for my bad english but this situation really keep me stressed... to make everithing more sad the painter only charged 2.5 k not, 4.5 k a guy who I trusted just Lied to me... I never new the camaro was supposed to be taken to other city... so yeeah Im pretty much full of anger and sadness if any of you can say how much would cost to fix it and paint this car properly and (or) where to get it in the Orlando area, It would be amazing... right know I feel I would never gonna end this car, and is painfull to see my first car like this...
Old 02-09-2016, 03:20 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This is why you ALWAYS pay with a credit card..so you can reverse any charges....and you ONLY pay when the job is done. Period.

I don't understand how long its going to take people to realize this simple and free protection plan.

If I were you I would go to the shop today.....while you are in the parking lot call the police. Tell them you need to make a theft/fraud report so your attorney can have a copy on file. Surely, the shop owner (Puerto Rican you referenced) will come out and realize something is happening and you might get lucky and he will negotiate. If not, a lawyer can sue them. Or, you can sue them yourself in small claims court for very little money......

Old 02-09-2016, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Idk if whistler aka Chris can help you. He's in Orlando and does bodywork but haven't seen him around here that often. Might be worth sending him a PM and see if he can offer you some guidance.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS6427
This is why you ALWAYS pay with a credit card..so you can reverse any charges....and you ONLY pay when the job is done. Period.

I don't understand how long its going to take people to realize this simple and free protection plan.

If I were you I would go to the shop today.....while you are in the parking lot call the police. Tell them you need to make a theft/fraud report so your attorney can have a copy on file. Surely, the shop owner (Puerto Rican you referenced) will come out and realize something is happening and you might get lucky and he will negotiate. If not, a lawyer can sue them. Or, you can sue them yourself in small claims court for very little money......

whait whait maybe I didnt let myself flear they Owner of the shop is not involved in this nor is the painter, it was my friend who I trusted and lied to me.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
Idk if whistler aka Chris can help you. He's in Orlando and does bodywork but haven't seen him around here that often. Might be worth sending him a PM and see if he can offer you some guidance.
cool I will PM him thanks!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Man that is rough. What is the guys name? The one on that FB link you posted? I live in Lakeland and have many connections in the area. I would not hesitate to take him to claims court over this however. That is inexcuseable

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Man that is rough. What is the guys name? The one on that FB link you posted? I live in Lakeland and have many connections in the area. I would not hesitate to take him to claims court over this however. That is inexcuseable
the issue is not the painter, he just did his job and he was also a victim in this Drama, they guy I posted "Rolando" is the owner of a shop who actually helped me at not cost, and the painter is NOT the bad guy, actually he is a really good painter but, and at the end he apologize for all the misunderstanding that my "friend" caused, Ill PM the details to you but I really dont want to get Heat on myself, as I told you Im alone in this country and the guy who stold my money has been in Jail...

Last edited by SesiomSummers; 02-09-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SesiomSummers
whait whait maybe I didnt let myself flear they Owner of the shop is not involved in this nor is the painter, it was my friend who I trusted and lied to me.
So....you gave a friend 4500+ cash......he then took your car to a shop to have everything done. Kept a lot of the money.

Correct....?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS6427
So....you gave a friend 4500+ cash......he then took your car to a shop to have everything done. Kept a lot of the money.

Correct....?

yeah... I know how that sounds... but me and my familty trusted this guy more than anyone in this Country, he told me the cost to paint my car would be 4.500 USD because is a 2 tone color and because Sunset Orange is such a dificult color to work with... I trusted him and I gave him the money, then after all that drama was done I talked to the actual painter, and he was surprised and got really angry because he only charged 2.500, the painter got really mad because his reputation got scratched and he lives of his reputation, (yesterday we spoke again) and he actually told me he will fix my car for free, but I dont have how take my car again so far and then pick it up back, and about the rest of the money that my "friend" took from me... whell I knew he went to bahamas a few weeks after I gave him the money but I never though for a second he lied to me...
Old 02-10-2016, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fraud committed in Florida? NO WAY!!
Sorry about the hard lesson brother. Karma is a bitch...
Old 02-10-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Does your friend know you know that he screwed you ?
Old 02-10-2016, 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

so it wasn't actually the painter, but the guy who middlemanned the deal? Still, even for $2500 that paint should be better than that, and the car should have been cared for much better while in his possession

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Does your friend know you know that he screwed you ?
yeah when I post this video, all the people involved got in a really agressive discution, at the end I realize how dangerouse this situation is for me so I step out, I talked alone with the painter and we both realized we been screwed by the same guy.

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
so it wasn't actually the painter, but the guy who middlemanned the deal? Still, even for $2500 that paint should be better than that, and the car should have been cared for much better while in his possession
yeah the painter is just another victim here but still think he did a poor job, the body panels where not suposed to crack like that.. he said it was because I left the car alone for 5 months but still we are in florida, cars are supposed to get lot of sun here... one friend told me to call my insurance, I got a full geico insurance on the camaro sinceI bought it 3 years ago, so maybe thats gonna help.

still Im just looking for a Body shop arround Orlando If anybody knows one
Old 02-10-2016, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

Id catch that so called friend by himself one day and get even. I think both legs broken would work
Old 02-10-2016, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

LS1Tech 10 Year

What did the so called friend have to say when confronted?
Old 02-10-2016, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

just my .02 here but even if there was no money problem between everyone you still would ended up with a **** poor paint job.

the bad body and paint reflects the craftsmanship of the painter.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SesiomSummers
yeah... I know how that sounds... but me and my familty trusted this guy more than anyone in this Country, he told me the cost to paint my car would be 4.500 USD because is a 2 tone color and because Sunset Orange is such a dificult color to work with... I trusted him and I gave him the money, then after all that drama was done I talked to the actual painter, and he was surprised and got really angry because he only charged 2.500, the painter got really mad because his reputation got scratched and he lives of his reputation, (yesterday we spoke again) and he actually told me he will fix my car for free, but I dont have how take my car again so far and then pick it up back, and about the rest of the money that my "friend" took from me... whell I knew he went to bahamas a few weeks after I gave him the money but I never though for a second he lied to me...
Sorry to hear it man. That guy would get a serious *** kicking if he did that to me.....After he gets out of jail, he goes to the hospital.

I had my car painted in Ft. Lauderdale. Double clear or something like that crap, Bright Red factory color, painted my rear lower bumper charcoal grey (CETA), wet sanded it and buffed it. ZERO orange peel. Looks utterly amazing.......
$3,000.00

But I paid when it was finished....with a credit card only.

I suggest Chirs Cruz in Deland, about a 30 min drive for you. Or come to Lauderdale, lots of great shops owned by great people. Creative Colors in Ft. Lauderdale is awesome too.

Name:  photo%201%202_zpsbi4pvyvz.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  219.3 KB

Name:  photo%202%202_zpsrnucmvrh.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  253.2 KB

Last edited by LS6427; 02-10-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: body work and pait fail 01`Z28... now Im W/out money and screwed