Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looking at moving to Ocala

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at moving to Ocala

Hey Guys,

I have a job offer in Ocala and I was wondering if you guys could tell me about the area. I'm a single 31 guy that likes to go out to bars at night and have a nice social life and my hobbies are working on my car and going drag racing. I don't have any kids but it does look like the school districts are not the greatest. What areas should I look into? What is there to do? Any input is appreciated.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Find another job and RUN TO IT!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ocala has no nightlife. nothing to keep young people looking to be entertained, entertained. It is a good town to raise a family but not if you want to have tons of things going on. Whether you like it or not, Ocala is still a little back woods.........simple. I am from Ocala and although I dont live there anymore, I do like going back and not having to deal with a city and traffic and tons of chain stores and restaurants. Outside of Ocala you have Gainesville and Belleview and the Villages for things to do. But for the most part you have to leave Ocala to have any sense of nightlife/social life. With that said, there are still little pockets of fun in Ocala. Just gotta look harder for them.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I Lived in Gainesville before I moved here. There is car shows every weekend, but not much else. We are close to OSW, which I like better than Gainesville raceway. As stated, no nightlife at all, gainesville had much better bars. I do think the traffic is better here however.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

No nightlife and NO girls... well there's plenty of girls if you like your girls terminally ill, handicapped or fat with 4 kids, jobless and no car! All the hot or normal chicks have already been taken from their brothers, dads, or uncles.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL hahhaha
Old 09-03-2016, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

You may drive through Ocala, you may pee in Ocala but you don't want to live in Ocala lol
Old 09-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Haha thanks for the input guys. I'm paying visit the end of this month to check out the job. If the job is worth it, what towns are near by that the commute wouldn't be bad?
Old 09-04-2016, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

O-Town is about 45 min away, but I still wouldn't live there! a buddy of mine found out that the housing market was really cheap there so he started looking at houses... I told him not to do it and now, the last girl he took out on a date, from there, has Parkinson's... the girl before that, has Fibromyalgia an carried an inflatable doughnut everywhere she went, so she could sit on it.... One was fat with 4 kids and no job or car and started talking marriage 2 weeks after they met and was bitching at him from seeing other girls.... 2 ******* WEEKs after they met!!!! I wasn't joking in my above post! But I will say this.... the chick with the Parkinson's was pretty hot... I would of smashed the **** out of it!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Tampa is your best bet if you want social life and car meets. If it was me I would move to Citrus County or Hernando County and travel both ways. South to Tampa or North to Ocala. Not much in between the whole area doesnt offer much to most. They like to build sidewalks for miles though for no reason.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Docrocket1967
Tampa is your best bet if you want social life and car meets. If it was me I would move to Citrus County or Hernando County and travel both ways. South to Tampa or North to Ocala. Not much in between the whole area doesnt offer much to most. They like to build sidewalks for miles though for no reason.
pinellas county is my favorite place in fl. plenty of places to go,great beaches and while theyre old affordable housing.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
pinellas county is my favorite place in fl. plenty of places to go,great beaches and while theyre old affordable housing.
I work in that area and yes it is quite nice. I have a friend that lives there in a normal appartment that is nothing crazy, not even gated and he pays $1300 a month and that doesnt include anything in a not so great location. The nice places for good income is hard to find in that area from what friends have told me but more jobs there for people. Definitely worth visiting if he ends up moving to Ocala

Quick Reply: Looking at moving to Ocala