Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

General Ticket/Points Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default General Ticket/Points Info

I am leaving friday to drive cross country and I was curious how getting a ticket in another state would effect my license/record. Other than the cost, if I received a speeding ticket in another state, would those points be transfered to my florida license? Or would I pretty much just have to worry about paying the fine?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
FormerVendor

Not sure about points in Florida but it will affect your insurance still
Old 08-01-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Man you should read the question before answering...
Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Not sure about points in Florida but it will affect your insurance still
to answer your question.. it depends on the state.. certain states report back to your home state others dont.. your driving reccord is based off your license which is ovbiously based off the state in which you are licensed

therefore.... if you get points in your home state or if a state reports back to your home state then it will hit your reccord and accordingly your insurance.. that being said; some states dont share this info with each other so it just all depends on the state

for example i got a speeding ticket in NH it never went anywhere.. if i had got that same ticket in La or Ga it would have made its way back to Fl..

also this only applies to civil penalties... if you get a big ticket or anything criminal then of course it applies.. also just because the points dont travel between states doswent mean you shouldent pay the ticket, by not paying the ticket it will become criminal so if you get a ticket; always pay it, then atleast if it transfers you can just take the driving school..

-hope this helps
Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree, some states report it, some don't. If you don't pay it then a warrant will be issued for you out of that state. I've dealt with a lot of people who have warrants out of state but they are for such minor stuff they won't extradite them back. But every time we run your plate and it comes back with a warrant you'll have to deal with 2-3 cop cars and being put in the back of the car until we verify they won't extradite you.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to say when I got a ticket in TX the points didn't show up, but that was over 4 years ago. I'm trying to remember, I think if those point had posted I would have been over 12 in 12, or maybe they did post and that put me at 11 in less than 12. I can't remember anymore but I was close to having a suspended license.

Quick Reply: General Ticket/Points Info