Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anybody heard of Ed's Quality Transmission out of Apopka?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anybody heard of Ed's Quality Transmission out of Apopka?

***MODs - NOT PROMOTING A BUSINESS, JUST ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT A SHOP OUT OF MY AREA. THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS SHOP, PLEASE PM ME WITH DETAILS***

I bought my car back in January of last year, and the guy I bought it from told me the tranny in it - 4L60E - was 'built'. It's been fine thus far (heads/cam setup making 430 rwhp), but I'm considering ditching it thinking it will likely not hold the power I'm going to try and make thru it with my turbo setup. Another idea I had was to sell my current single disc vigilante 3200 in favor of a triple and see if it stays together at 12-14 psi for a few dyno/track runs. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this place and if they put together good stuff? I have a receipt with everything thats in it.... it was a $1500 build back in december of '05....

1 set collin steels
1 performance kit - raybestos blue clutches
1 kevlar band
1 bushing kit
1 shift kit
1 torington bearing kit
1 TCI flexplate

Doesn't tell me much, but I was just curious to see if this shop makes some stout trannys (I don't know much about the guts of these things). Let me know if any of you FL guys know anything about this shops rep...

Thanks!
Ryan