Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Found my F1 oil leak?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my F1 oil leak?

Bob / Jake,

I'm thinking maybe I found where the oil is coming from on my F1. Take a look at the attached pic. It looks like I'm missing a bolt. And from the pattern, it looks like this is where the oil is coming from (crappy pic I know, cheap camera).

It has a hole on the "top" of the blower that has a machined shoulder for a bolt, but no bolt. There are 4 other empty holes up there but they don't have a shoulder. Every other hole like this has a bolt in it. Can you check a blower to see how many empty holes there are supposed to be?

Thanks

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Found my F1 oil leak?-f1-leak.jpg  
Old 11-29-2008, 05:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, I'll have to check it out when I get to the shop. Bob
Old 11-29-2008, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the large bolt holes are for mounting to different brackets......Hard to tell in pic, are there some smaller bolts missing up towards the pulley?

My D1SC would have a small amount of oil on the bottom of it and once I put a catch can on it it doesn't leak anymore........maybe your leak is caused by oil entering blower from the fresh air line that goes to the air filter hat.......?

Last edited by AFASTYZFR1; 11-29-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob!

I looked at Chad's D1 & it has a bolt in that hole. The other 4 holes look like they just go into the 1 half (for mounting brackets?) where that one has threads that goes into the other half. So I assume that bolt was never installed since it's always leaked.

I'd also assume whatever gasket material ATI put in there has been compromised since it's leaking. So that means I have to send it back to them to be fixed? (I can't just install another bolt...)

And my catch can doesn't feed back into the blower. It connects to my LS6 valley cover, the TB (with a check valve) and a valve cover. And it has a breather on it.

Quick Reply: Found my F1 oil leak?