Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vacuum line questions (for boost gauge)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum line questions (for boost gauge)

Hey all,

My car went to the tuner yesterday for the new D1SC setup. On the first pull, the boost gauge showed zero, but it did show vacuum at idle. The way I had run the vacuum line was this...

There's a vacuum line going from the back of the intake manifold to a sensor mounted on the driver side of the intake manifold just next to the fuel rail. Then, there's another line going from there to something I've deleted (and I don't remember what). I had that line capped off. When I installed the boost gauge, I fed that output to the sensor.

The tuner said that this wouldn't work. He said the boost gauge sending unit wouldn't see boost through the stock sensor I was feeding it from. They pulled the line going from the back of the intake to that sensor and plumbed it directly to the sending unit for the boost gauge instead. This leaves me with several questions:

1) What is the sensor that had both an input and output that I was feeding the vacuum lines through?
2) Will deleting that sensor throw codes or screw with inspection?
3) What is it that I deleted? The sensor in question #1 had an output vacuum line going to whatever it is I deleted.
4) Why did the boost gauge sending unit not see boost through the stock sensor but did see vacuum?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would first check the gauge with a vac pump !Then,check to make sure no vac leaks Then go from there!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
11Second Club

The gauge works now that they've bypassed... whatever that is. That's no longer the issue. I just have those questions listed above.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Staging Lane

There's only a few things in the back. Fuel Pressure regulator, EGR, would be my guess. EGR usually gets deleted, I ran my boost gauge off that hose
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
11Second Club

I've got an '02, so there's no EGR.

I deleted the AIR pump forever and a day ago, but I would imagine that doesn't use any vacuum lines.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you decide what it was? I am routing my boost gauge tomorrow and have the same questions. The MAP sensor is back there, was that it?

Quick Reply: Vacuum line questions (for boost gauge)