Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

warhawk vs afr or other !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warhawk vs afr or other !!!!!!!!!

i found a set of these heads for sale 1200 bucks warhawk ls1x 025250-2http://www.worldcastings.com/prods_pages/heads/warhawkls1x.htm

my plans are to build a procharged ( d1sc ) street car i'm not looking for a 1000hp build at all ( would be nice) ! 600-700rwhp is more then enough for what i'm looking to do. would these heads do good and make good power with a ( d1 ) charger. i am sure it will be close to a 402 or 408 . i only want to buy a set of heads one time are they comparible to the afr or other brands for what i'm looking for . this is not a blow the bidget kind of thing but for a couple hundered bucks if i can find a used set of afr's would it be worth it. all help is appreciated thanks for the info guy's. are they worth the 1200 or should i look around !
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

It won't take much to get to 600whp. But many will say that head unit is best reserved for smaller cubic engines. For $1,200 I would say that is a hell of a deal on a set of Warhawk castings. Any aftermarket head is going to go good with forced inductions for the benefit of thicker decks alone. Not to mention the significant improvement of valve sizing over stock. I would say go for it-You're paying almost more these days for cnc'd stock castings.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

that is why i was looking at getting a set of aftermarket heads head thickness . i would seriously like a 900 rwhp (capable) combo not that it is easy at all. will these heads do that on a 402 with a d1. it will be a 600rwhp daily driver though .