Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

still tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still tuning!

Ok im still tryin to tune my blow thru carb. i tried putting a powervalve in the secondaries and it went way lean. im thinking the fuel sloshes away from the pvcrs under acceleration and causes them to be exposed to air causing a lean conditon. does that sound right? so i quickly put the plug back in. the next thing i did was block the hsabs. i didnt notice much difference. it did get a little richer but its still in the high 12s for afr at wot. i figured the thing should drown w fuel w the bleeds blocked right? im still runnning massive jets 76/93 and a 2.5 pv in the front and the pvcrs are drilled to .136 the wells are .180. i want to up the boost more but the carb just wont flow enough fuel without changing the main jets. the cruise afrs are still around 10-10.5 range way too rich. so im at a standstill for now any suggestions thanks for your help guys!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extensions on your vent tubes will help, run them up then 90 degrees and right to the edge of the carb bonnet. You will be able to bring your jet sizes down and then your cruise afr's will be leaned up too.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also build an extension for the PV. Brent Davis over on the turbo forums has become an expert at it. You may try over there for some help (there are a lot of carb knowledgeable people in the blowthru section).