Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Little boost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little boost?

So my Procharger is producing only 3lbs boost,should be 7lb.No leaks found in intercooler pipework,not apparent standard 6 rib belt is slipping.Suspected bypass might be leaking so removed and take off sealed but still little boost.Charger purchased s/h but appears as new.Question is: is there a way I can check if charger is doing what it should be doing without pulling down and sending it to a pro?Thanks.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
11Second Club

Can you describe what the boost level is doing? Does it slowly rise as it should and just stop once it gets to 3psi? Or, does it stay at zero for a long time and then suddenly rise to 3psi at random points? If you cruise at say 5k RPMs and peg the gas, do you get your 3psi immediately, or does it take a second?

I had an issue with my BPV, and I noticed that the boost I was able to get was very inconsistant and very laggy. I could actually see a vacuum at 4k RPM at WOT for just a second or two and then suddenly I'd get 3-5psi. I've seen belt slip, and it behaves as it should until you get to a certain RPM/boost level. So, if you stab the gas, you'll get instant boost... just not as much as you want.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default Little boost?

Yeah,if I stab gas boost rises immediately but stops at 3lbs.LS1 runs stock 8" crank pulley and 3.5" charger so should be getting 7lbs.Car feels stronger from take off....can now light up rears on stock 4L60e were it didn't before but then feels like it used to.....quick but no quicker than before charger fitted?