Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cooling Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Problems

Is anyone else having problems with there car overheating. I have the stock radiator and the car is making 750 RWHP right now with a YSi.

Also what radiator is everyone using.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more info, what do you have done, what is your set-up
Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^read his sig.... yea i woudl def. upgrade you might get away maybe with a new radiator and a flush with 2 or 3 bottles or water wetter but i would just upgrade to a becool or a griffin and that should solve the problem
Old 04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

I actually ordered a Be Cool radiator yesterday. I plan to also mount an 8" fan next to the one that came with my procharger kit. Hopefully that cools things.

I know someone here in Colorado with the Be Cool and YSI who doesn't have any over heating problems, even on road courses.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Launching!

I have a 383 with a YSi around 17lbs, FMIC, meth. I am using the stock radiator that is pushed forward with no ac condenser, and stock fans.

I was thinking about cutting the core support and doing a custom radiator, so i can have more room for my cog drive.

The car hits right now 230 degrees in traffic on a 70 degree day. I cant imagine what it would be on a hot day.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Launching!

I also just removed the radiator and found a small crack in the tank. It was not leaking though, or if it was very little. I would assume that this would bleed off pressure.

So maybe I found the problem. I just ordered a stock one. I will put a better one in this winter. I would like to do one with a oil cooler and such. So that will be a winter project.

What size radiator are people using when the cut the core support, like on turbo builds.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to do a stock replacement get you an lt1 radiator .Its the same size on the tanks and is 3/8 inch thicker on the core itself.Only difference is one outlet on the lower drivers side that you dont need for the ls motor,you just block it off.Other wise fitment is the same.

Quick Reply: Cooling Problems