Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

eboost2 install tips and tricks and pics???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default eboost2 install tips and tricks and pics???

Anyone got pics of their eboost 2 install in firebird center vent?I can't even get the outer vent ring off. Pissing me off! Do I need to use like two angle pics or what. Just not grasping how the top vent ring goes on there.
I found one write up on putting chrome bezels over top the rings and he showed a screwdriver to get the top rings off but and have a fairly small one and still they don't seem to come off. Maybe need a very clear explantion and also not sure do have to remove radio..where is good spot to run the vacuum line thru to the eboost ,etc.
Where did you pull power and ground for the eboost2 also?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok buddy helped me get the vent out. It is simple enough once you get it out. You do need pretty much two little screwdrivers ,there are kind of little pegs that you push in on either side of the vertical pieces. Once you take two screwdrives and push in the plastic pegs you get the top out. Then you do same on the bottom and get the outer ring out.
Then you can get the vents out with a bit of a hooked pic. Lower part came out easily as well.

So now thats done wondering if need to drill holes in the back of the plastic ductiing to get vacuum line and wiring out . Looks like have to. Also wondering if the eboost goes back far enough as put it close to driver. The middle vent does look to have more room behind it.Maybe should put it there still can but just wanted it closer to me.

Quick Reply: eboost2 install tips and tricks and pics???