Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo suggestions

I would like to put a turbo kit together for my 88 suburban with a 6.0 and 4l80e. I did this swap and finally got all the bugs worked out and would like to get about another 100hp and another 100ft lbs. I am totally stock on the engine and transmission. I would like to know what turbo I should run and if I can run the turbo off just one exhaust manifold. I have headers already but i would just fab up a new one with a ls1 flange and bent the piping or buy a header whatver I have to do. I have never built a turbo kit for a gas engine. What size injectors shoud I get? Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first i would do a search on here,, turbo 6.0,5.3,5.7,,etc..

you would have to run both exhaust manifolds to ur turbo,, i would get a 76mm for that,but people have there own opinions.. injectors depend on how much power u want to make.. i would reconmend 60lbs injectors and duel 255's fuel pumps.. , back on the exhaust manifolds.. use the truck ones flip them around. and start from there.. build ur exhaust to the turbo..and dont forget about getting a wastegate.. .

Quick Reply: Turbo suggestions