Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

01 WS6 w/ LS3 Trubo Build ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 WS6 w/ LS3 Trubo Build ?'s

Well here is my first post hopefully on my way to my winter project.

I have a 01 Trans Am WS6 M6 that I swapped a LS3 into this last spring. It has full bolt-ons and a Vengeance Racing Cam and makes about 470rwhp. After reading through the Forced Induction section for the past couple weeks and looking at all the DIY builds I think I am ready to ask some questions pertaining to what I want to do. I am looking to make about 600-625rwhp as this is my daily driver during the spring/summer/fall. I normally shift between 2K-2.8K rpm while driving around and I don’t really want to be getting in and out of boost during this time. It would be nice if full boost came on somewhere around 3K-3.5K rpm’s. I do go to the track and usually shift around 6700rpm’s so I would like the power to make it all the way up there. Also I plan on keeping the A/C.

Here is what I am thinking about running now: (Blue means I have it already)

LS3 6.2L shortblock with 10.5:1 compression.
Stock LS3 Heads with TEA Dual Springs
Hardened Comp PR’s

ARP Head bolts/Studs
ARP Rod Bolts
GMPP Single Plane with Intake elbow and 90/92 Fast TB
Custom spec cam

High flow fuel rails with Boost regulate FPR
Twin 255 Walbro’s
60 lb injectors

Single MP T70/T76 T4 Turbo
JGS 56mm BOV
JGS 40mm WG
2.5” Hotside/ 4” Down Pipe - Stainless Steel
3” Coldside - Aluminum
eBay FMIC mounted in the front support bar
Oil Feed & Drain Kit
Wideband/FP/Boost Gauge
BMR Turbo K-Member
Stock radiator moved forward

I have been looking at using either the C6/Truck manifold setup or using the Stainless Works turbo headers. My first question is for my power goals do I really need the Stainless Works Turbo headers or with the C6/truck manifold setup suit me just fine.

Secondly, is what I have listed realistic for my power goals and how much boost would I need with either turbo to get there.

I am really looking to go with a turbo setup because it would allow me to have a smaller cam, which would be better for street driving, but also have lots of power when I want it. All of the welding will be done by a friend who tig weld in his sleep he has been doing it so long. Oh also the T56 will be rebuilt by tick and the rearend will be a 9” with 3.73’s.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Anyone have a opinion...
Old 10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Does anyone know have a good educated guess to if the T70 will make my power goals and if the truck headers will be enough...