Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Final thoughts on my TT GTO setup.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Final thoughts on my TT GTO setup.

I'm trying to finalize my parts list before I start ordering stuff. My 2004 GTO is basically stock besides the monster clutch. It is a street car (not my DD but can be in good weather) that sees track time each year. This is just a basic list but this is what I have so far:

2xPrecision billet HP6262 JB w/ S-covers and 0.82 A/R V-band in/out
2xTial V44 Wastegates w/ 0.5 bar springs
2xTial Q 50 Blowoff Valves
Treadstone 25x6x3.5 intercooler
C6 manifolds flipped around
Full 3" exhaust after 3" downpipes
Twin intank fuel pumps
Atleast 63# flowmatched injectors (might try the 83# High Imp. injectors)
Edelbrock Vic jr. with elbow
90mm throttle body
Custom grind turbo cam w/ dual springs, timing chain, pushrods, etc.
Full 2 bar speed density tune

All hot parts to be jet-hot coated and cold parts will be powder coated

My main question of concern is the turbochargers. With those bigger 0.82 A/R v-band in/out turbine housings, can i still expext good spool charactoristics for street driving? I'm looking at the bigger turbos because the probability of me forging the motor next winter is pretty great.

Thanx in advanced, all input, thoughts, and suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by HOT_RODN99; 12-31-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another goat build. Nice. I'm trying to decide on single vs twins for mine right now. I was eyeballing the Precision HP6765's with the S cover and either the .82 or .96 for my build. You can see my motor specs in my sig. I alreay have a twin turbo intercooler and two JGS 50mm wastegates, and I think twins would be easier to package in our GTO's. Why do you need two BOV's? Just one in the charge pipe before the throttle body should be more than good. What cubic inches are you planning on going to once you go forged? I would get the 83# injectors if you need to buy injectors anyways.

What RPM are you going to spin your current motor to?

Call Modular Turbo. They are a Precision dealer and he is more than willing to chat about your goals and what it's going to take to get there. He was on the phone with me on New Years Eve at 8pm.

Edit: If you already have the turbos just try them. If you need a smaller AR they aren't that hard to change.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a build of a guy in Maryland with a GTO using those EXACT turbos.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306543
Old 01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TurboAv
Another goat build. Nice. I'm trying to decide on single vs twins for mine right now. I was eyeballing the Precision HP6765's with the S cover and either the .82 or .96 for my build. You can see my motor specs in my sig. I alreay have a twin turbo intercooler and two JGS 50mm wastegates, and I think twins would be easier to package in our GTO's. Why do you need two BOV's? Just one in the charge pipe before the throttle body should be more than good. What cubic inches are you planning on going to once you go forged? I would get the 83# injectors if you need to buy injectors anyways.

What RPM are you going to spin your current motor to?

Call Modular Turbo. They are a Precision dealer and he is more than willing to chat about your goals and what it's going to take to get there. He was on the phone with me on New Years Eve at 8pm.

Edit: If you already have the turbos just try them. If you need a smaller AR they aren't that hard to change.
Yea there looks to be quite a few TT GTO builds going on now. Those HP6765s with 0.82 would work great in your setup I think. I wanted them but knew they were to much for my stock motor.
That guy's GTO from Maryland is actually almost exactly how I want to do mine. But his has the HP6265 which are a tad bigger on the turbine side. I was looking at the HP6262 0.82 so i can get v-band inlet and outlet on the turbine side. As far as RPM goes, probably only to 6500-6700, just because the motor will be stock with just that the turbo cam and dual springs. I don't have the turbos yet, but I want to make my decision so I can get Ed to grind me a turbo cam. The reason for the two BOVs is I wanted one for each side of the intercooler. I will be making a custom outlet for the intercooler that goes over the radiator, under the hood, and then straight into the throttlebody. The BOV's will go on each side of that duct that goes to the throttlebody and when it's all done the BOVs will be peeking out each GTO grille in the front bumper.
I just want to make sure that these turbos will spool good (minimal lag) with the stock LS1 too. Atleast before I go to a forged 347 or 382.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Any others with advice or input on these turbos?

Quick Reply: Final thoughts on my TT GTO setup.