Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

best cam for a turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best cam for a turbo setup

looking for recommedation for the best turbo camshaft out there that will make the most power/torque with a aps tt setup.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Launching!

wow. that's a pretty open question. first need to know the displacement of the engine, what car it's going into, how much boost it will run. there are many variables.

the LS6 cam makes good power, the LS2 cheater cam makes good power too and is popular. most of the big guys make their own cam specs some will let them out and some won't.

LG motorsports has a pretty awesome cam apparently from some of the results that I've seen. they also offer APS turbo upgrades too.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

stock block for now, cartek stage 5 heads with there f/i cam they recommended this cam when i had a procharger on the car, so now its turbo charged. i need to find the cam card on it. its going in a 05 gto with the aps tt system. i have the new lg upgraded turbos already just not installed at the moment. going to install when i go speed density here in a few weeks, i plan to run 10psi for now. car is making 630/580 on 7 lbs right now just looking for a true turbo camshaft for the car
Old 01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, your cam you already have will probably work well.