Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cam and Manifold Questions??? Probably stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam and Manifold Questions??? Probably stupid!

Ok, This is going to be a stupid question probably but i gotta ask it. They say not to put in a bigger cam on a car unless you have headers of somekind. Now with that said, you see people with turbos doing cams on stock manifold builds all the time.

WIth that said, if one was going to do a rear mounted setup, they wouldnt want to use longtube headers. With that said, is it ok to use an aftermarket blower style cam with stock manifolds on a rear mounted turbo? Sorry, probably a stupid question, but i just thought of it, and couldnt think of a logical answer in my own head.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cam with stock headers and rearmount will be fine.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with the above post. My cam is in the mid 230's in duration and over 600 lft. I have been driven like that for some years now. Stock mainfolds retain heat better the headers,. Hell flip 6.0 stock manifold's have push some cars in the low 8 high 9 sec range and no problem.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I agree with the above post. My cam is in the mid 230's in duration and over 600 lft. I have been driven like that for some years now. Stock mainfolds retain heat better the headers,. Hell flip 6.0 stock manifold's have push some cars in the low 8 high 9 sec range and no problem.
I understand that people have used them in the 1000hp range and things of that nature, but i wasnt sure since it was a rear mount and now the exhaust has a much farther distance to travel before exiting. didnt know if that mattered. maybe im over thinking it
Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAX04
I understand that people have used them in the 1000hp range and things of that nature, but i wasnt sure since it was a rear mount and now the exhaust has a much farther distance to travel before exiting. didnt know if that mattered. maybe im over thinking it
Naw your not over thinking anything, Pulling power out a rearmount is a task but can be done. Just search here and u will see. sts themselves are no help imho

Quick Reply: Cam and Manifold Questions??? Probably stupid!