Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo questions (stickies read)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo questions (stickies read)

I posted this in New to Ls1Tech, but i did not get an answer so I moved it here.
I have my 3rd gen. I have my Ls1. I need to know.
I am planning on running a STS TT system on my car (5# low, 12# high). I have forged connecting rods and hardened Pushrods (skat). I also have Trick Flow heads and a turbo special cam (Comp) is there anything else that might not be able to handle 12 psi? Should I o-ring the block? Can Ls1 Edit be set for low impedence fuel injectors?
(a lot of people do not like the STS system. Are there any more rear mount turbo systems off the top of your head?)
Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

stick with high impedence injectors for what your doing. at 12psi you wont need to oring the heads. what rearend are you running?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a front mount made. You have forged rods and stock pistons? Weird. No o-rings needed until over 1k HP. Get 60lb high imp injectors.

Make sure your trans and rear end are up for the extra HP. Make sure you have good oil pressure.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:48 PM

I have Strange Engineering 12 bolt Rear end (4.30 Gearing). With Wilwood discs. I plan on tracking, so I had to go all out. I dont know what to do for the tranny, I know the T-56 is going to die.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by ninetres
Have a front mount made. You have forged rods and stock pistons? Weird. Make sure you have good oil pressure.
I have only seen a stock piston blow up because of 1.nitrous and 2. knock/detonation. The owner of #2 was a dumbass. Which I plan on avoiding being, since I do not have those sensors bypassed.
I am having the pan baffled with better oil pump. Idk if I should have an oil cooler.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GenerationSam
I have only seen a stock piston blow up because of 1.nitrous and 2. knock/detonation. The owner of #2 was a dumbass. Which I plan on avoiding being, since I do not have those sensors bypassed.
I am having the pan baffled with better oil pump. Idk if I should have an oil cooler.
FI is a whole nother monster you can easily damage a pistion and rings. look on here a little more and you will find threads with people doing so.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i broke four of my stock pistons over 550 rwhp... jfyi