Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

remote turbo and boost controller placement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
mcx
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote turbo and boost controller placement?

looking for info/opinions...on a rear remote turbo, does it matter if the boost controller[MBC] is closer to the intake signal or the turbo?? i use a long vacuum/pressure feed line from the engine intake to the rear turbos internal wastegate...thx,mike
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what ive heard, its best to keep the boost controler as close as possible to the vac source. Now for a rear turbo setup ,,, ide say run a stainless brake line or something simular to the back turbo verses using a rubber vac line just because of the length mostly,,, and the chance of the exhaust heat and moisture cracking it over time or melting a hole in it causing a over boost condition This is just what what i would do if running a rear mount turbo
Actually ,,,ide probably just set it at your desired boost level with your WG springs, as i dont think there hard to get to on the STS type setups and not even run a boost controller . From what ive heard, they only slow the boost responce anyways and is just something else to go bad and is why i removed mine from my APS and just installed stronger 10psi WG springs

Last edited by barnat; 01-12-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a long vacuum line on it you might get some surge... unless the line is big enough.. I just mounted mine out back using the port right on the turbo. works mint.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 AM
mcx
Staging Lane

thanks for the replies..i'm building the set up in this article and was wondering to put it front/rear for best use with my rear turbo.
http://autospeed.com/cms/title_The-A...8/article.html
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_111350/article.html

Last edited by mcx; 01-13-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

With a manual controller I just had mine hooked up to the turbo outlet since it doesn't care what the true boost is at the engine. When I went to a electronic boost controller I used a source off the intake.

Quick Reply: remote turbo and boost controller placement?