Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Exhaust Setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger Exhaust Setups

I'm looking to change my exhaust setup within the next two weeks and would like some opinions from you procharger guys.

I have a 347 with a D1sc, custom grind cam, 6.0 heads. Currently it has a Corsa catback, pacesetter LT's, ORY, and its ridiculously loud. I want a quieter setup that has good flow and still a good tone to it.

What are some of you guys running? And, any idle clips would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just swap your Corsa for a Hooker Aerochamber muffler. I absolutely love mine. Its quiet at lower RPM's but really growls the higher you rev. I like mine so much I'll never change it. It also doesnt resonate very much inside the car so holding a conversation without screaming is easily doable, LOL.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently running ARH's w/ catted Y-pipe, e-cutout, and blowmaster. To make your exhaust a little quieter in addition to having good flow, what about the idea of adding an e-cutout in between the headers and ory, or, on the I-Pipe, and a stock muffler as oppose to your Corsa?

Here's a video clip of how my car idles, I daily drive my car and isn't too loud nor is it too quiet. I will admit that I sometimes can't hear anything while talking on my phone through my bluetooth but with a passenger in the car, I can still carry a good conversation without having to yell. Outside of the car, the exhaust is noticeable but the Mustangs with their H or X-pipe setups with stock manifolds are actually louder than my car.

The video below is with my cutout closed, I hope this helps.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave......hit Jake up and get his 4 inch Mufflex, I'm pretty sure he still has it!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your main goal is to quiet it down some, which it seems to be, consider welding a borla stinger or a bullet muffler in the I-pipe.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to quiet it down, but I won't be adding to the current setup, as its already promised to someone next week. I will be changing the whole catback, or possibly even removing the y-pipe and going to a true dual setup with Xover pipe. Thanks for the current suggestions and the vid.