Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

vortech v-1 trim identification

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vortech v-1 trim identification

Okay I picked up a stupid cheap vortech supercharger. My plan is to put this on with. T76 turbo. I was going to go t88 but I still wanna street drive and the 88 may tae too long to spool on my 6.0. My question is, how do you tell what trim vortech it is? The supercharger says vortech v-1. The serial number is 04981 and the card number is d-213-9. That's all I can find and I am having no luck sizing this thing. I think it may be too small. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Vortech - they should be able to look up the SN and tell you what it is and when it was built.

I suspect it will be an S-trim. I'm not sure from the above, are you are planning to use this with a turbo? A centri is probably not the blower to use to spool a turbo faster.

Jim
Old 02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i have just never seen it done and i am known to try to make stuff different. I was originally going to go with a large turbo only but in an effort to make it different than anything else out there I am doing centrifugal with large frame. its going to be a nightmare to tune though. thanks though.

Quick Reply: vortech v-1 trim identification