Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

INTAKE PIPE INTO MAF ROUNTING ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTAKE PIPE INTO MAF ROUNTING ?'s

Hey guys...just looking to get some insight on how some of you would route this up...all opinions welcome...save the FWD jokes LOL..i got it!! LOL

Right now the pics you see is with the SNL 4" housing w/ the LS7 MAF...Ran great up top but, was too turbulent down low and idle...it is unscreened.

Went ahead and switched it out with an LS2 screened maf to see if that will help our lower end air flow quality. Havent tested it yet, as Im just collecting what I can and some opinions.

A concern of mine and some of my locals is, that the section you see in the S out of the fender, is coming from the IC charge pipe after the BOV from a 3"-4" 90*, then up into the MAF then reducers after that into 3.25" TB....

I have recently installed the LS2 screened maf just before the black elbow to the TB...I was told to put more in front of the MAF...only reason we took the LS7 MAF off was due to tuner telling me that it wouldnt matter if I moved it closer to the TB or not, that there simply wasnt enough straight pre MAF and that due to it being unscreened that It was causing turbulence.....???

Just chime in the thoughts...Thanks guys!

Rossko

Old 02-18-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say try ditching the maf and go speed density. Problem solved
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, with those bends in the maf area it will be difficult to get "stellar" low speed drive ability. Will a screen help? Yes.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
I agree, with those bends in the maf area it will be difficult to get "stellar" low speed drive ability. Will a screen help? Yes.

Thanks for the insight...I have moved the MAF allot further up out of the fender now to give it some more pipe with less of a sudden change....and with the new position and the screen with the LS2 will probably be my ticket...we will see...might even get to use the LS7 after all if there is enought pre MAF now...

we would do SD but my O2 isnt working right now....so no switching LOL

Quick Reply: INTAKE PIPE INTO MAF ROUNTING ?'s