Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Really random but...Procharger crank pulley dowel pins and bolt washer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Really random but...Procharger crank pulley dowel pins and bolt washer?

I bought a D1SC kit used off of a forum member, and much as it may surprise you, some of the parts are missing. Apparently I was supposed to have three "dowel pins" to use with the supplied hub...they are nowhere to be found. I received a crank bolt, but no washer, and now I'm not even sure if it's the re-usable kind of crank bolt or not...it's red, if that matters...and it does appear to be used.

Anyone know if the dowels and washer are something I can get locally? I've read about the washer being a hardened one, so I don't know if its something I need to special order or not. How can I tell if I need to buy a new crank bolt, or if this one is re-usable? And I'm totally lost on these dowel pins...don't even know what they look like.

Little help here, please.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Q-
I bought a D1SC kit used off of a forum member, and much as it may surprise you, some of the parts are missing. Apparently I was supposed to have three "dowel pins" to use with the supplied hub...they are nowhere to be found. I received a crank bolt, but no washer, and now I'm not even sure if it's the re-usable kind of crank bolt or not...it's red, if that matters...and it does appear to be used.

Anyone know if the dowels and washer are something I can get locally? I've read about the washer being a hardened one, so I don't know if its something I need to special order or not. How can I tell if I need to buy a new crank bolt, or if this one is re-usable? And I'm totally lost on these dowel pins...don't even know what they look like.

Little help here, please.
I take it this is a six rib kit? The crank pulley for the six rib does use dowel pins that fit into the factory harmonic balancer. The 6 rib bolt length is different than the stock length, and should be replaced every time it is installed, plus loc-tite should be used on it. Here is a link to the bolt. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1433

Here is the instruction manual, which may help you out. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1043 Bob
Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bob, I downloaded that manual from your site already....that's how I caught the missing parts. It is indeed a six rib setup. Are the dowel pins something I can buy from you? And does the bolt come with the washer that I need? I need both of these things, in addition to a crank pinning kit...is it better to order from you online or give you a call? Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions.

Quick Reply: Really random but...Procharger crank pulley dowel pins and bolt washer?