Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger P1sc Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger P1sc Question

My car is 100% stock, its a 99 a4 ss. My grandpa is buying a 98 Z28 with a p1sc procharger with dual intercoolers on it. He doesnt want the procharger and i told him that i would be interested in it. I was wondering what upgrades l would have to do to put it on my car. The kit is coming off of an m6 with lt's and corsa catback exhaust. It is only running 6lbs of boost and making 450rwhp. I dont really know a whole lot about forced induction so any tips would help. I am just wondering what i would have to do to my car to make it work safely and not have to put a ton of money in it because i messed something up.
Thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to do a lot of research, because things start adding up quickly. Here's a few things off the top of my head...

-larger fuel injectors
-Fuel pump, like a Warlboro or Racetronix, preferably with a Hotwire kit.
-custom tuning
-Gauges (Wideband, Electric Fuel Pressure, Boost) and a place to mount them, like a pillar pod
-A catch can / new PCV setup
-New clutch

I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out. A FI setup can nickel and dime you to death if you don't have everything accounted for beforehand. Read the stickies, and do a lot of searching in this forum.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look to see if injectors have green tops, see if it has a diablo tuner with it. Check to see if it has 2 fuel pumps already. If it has these you are good to go probably. Gauges are nice so is methanol injection, I see
it is a auto be prepared to loose it.