Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Will this be the ideal PCV/catch can setup for my TT setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will this be the ideal PCV/catch can setup for my TT setup?

Just wanting some feedback on this. Here's the way I was planning on setting it up. All feedback welcome. Thanks guys!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

I would put a catch can between the valve cover and the turbo inlets. Otherwise youll get a **** ton of oil in the turbo.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

So dual catch cans?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just run a breather on each valve cover and stay on top of your oil changes, but the best thing would be a mechanical vacuum pump
Old 04-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Teching In

Not in the picture, I am also running a breather where the oil cap used to be. So is this an efficient, or not so efficient setup? I was in the thinking that, while I'll certainly need to keep an eye on the intake side of the turbos, that most of the oil, upon acceleration, will be running towards the back of the vlv covers. So there should be TOO MUCH oil getting into the turbos intake tracts???
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmtrance
Not in the picture, I am also running a breather where the oil cap used to be. So is this an efficient, or not so efficient setup? I was in the thinking that, while I'll certainly need to keep an eye on the intake side of the turbos, that most of the oil, upon acceleration, will be running towards the back of the vlv covers. So there should be TOO MUCH oil getting into the turbos intake tracts???
well it gets the job done of getting rid of pressure in the crankcase, but the reason why a breather set up is worse then a belt driven vacuum pump is because a vacuum pump will get rid of most the blow by gases, much more then a breather set up would and it will help the rings seal in the motor.

but i personally do no have space for a belt driven vacuum pump, so i have to use breathers for now.

Quick Reply: Will this be the ideal PCV/catch can setup for my TT setup?