Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil change on a rear mount setup---

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change on a rear mount setup---

What are your guys' procedures for doing an oil change with a rear mount turbo. do you do any thing special like take all lines off and drain? Also what oil are yous using conventional or synthetic?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use mobil one 20 50 loose motor, But I just drain the oil, and remove the return and use the pump to clear the line and pump. Then I add a quart or two and run the pump again untill i see freash oil come out. Is it nessary no but it just what i do..
Old 05-03-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

I don't do anything different than a normal oil change. The residual oil in the return line isn't enough to worry about. And if you do want to worry about it, don't remove anything, just cycle the key to 'on/run' a few times which will kick on the oil pump without cranking over the motor. This will pretty much clear the return line. I run a synthetic 10w-30.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do as first post stated. Change oil and run engine with return line disconnected until I see clean oil. It is also a good idea every couple of oil changes to take apart the check valve at the turbo to clean it and stretch the spring to keep it working well.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

sweet, that's what i was planning on doing, is just doing a normal oil change and then popping off the return line and letting it pump until clean oil comes out. and i still have to get that check valve installed!

Quick Reply: Oil change on a rear mount setup---