Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost Complications/Questions PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost Complications/Questions PLEASE HELP!

I have a forged 383 stroker LT1 with every supporting mod you can beef these things up with to make the internals as bulletproof as an lt1 can be.

It has LE3 very ported heads, LT's, 58mm TB, GMMG Catback, lingenfelter ported intake man, flow match custom groud CAM (pretty heavy).

On this I am running a Vortech S-Trim Supercharger with a FMIC and the 14lb pulley (measurement for a stock application).

I was hoping to hit somewhere around 10-12lbs but am only seeing 6lbs max. Vortech said this is possible because of the volume of air my very good flowing motor requires. This just doesn't seem right. What boost should I be seeing?

I also am running the stock BOSCH Bypass Valve, I've seen it can hold up to 12lbs. Is this true? The reason I ask is i recently sprung a BAD leak out my back intake manifold valley seal and have an oilfall coming down my bellhousing. I have heard some worries that if my Bypass malfunctions I could blow the seals out on my intake. What worries (if any) should i be aware of or is the leak probably just a bad seal on my part from the initial build. Motor had 100 miles when leak started.

Thanks for the help,
Brandon
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

TTT Please help with this problem.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

I have a similar problem. I'm seeing 10-11 at the charge output and about 3 everywhere else (TB, vacuum for the brake assist where i tap into for my bpv and interior gauge, and on the gauge itself). I've taken the FMIC out temporarily and replaced it with a straight for the dyno and it made no difference. Right now we're fixing leaks from the EGR gasket and PCV valve.

What size piping are you running to and from your FMIC? I have 2.5" and I'm being told that it may not be enough and/or that it's too much piping because of the mounting location of the Vortech. The Procharger has much cleaner/shorter plumbing. I ditched the Bosch BPV. It's a piece of crap based on everything I read. Get something that is adjustable and has brass piston(s) instead of that cheesy rubber diaphragm on the Bosch. It's a cheap insurance policy. I got a TurboXS from Summitracing.com.

I'll let you know what I find out with mine -- it's still at the shop / dyno tune.