Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holeset turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holeset turbo ?

I'm gathering parts up to do a turbo build and put my car back together. I'm gonna do a stock 6.0 build on race gas and see how far I can push it. I've posted in the WTB parts forum looking for a 76mm turbo. A member on here has a Holeset Hybrid 76 from an HP Performance kit that he is selling so he can upgrade. How many have or are running one of these turbo's. What kind of reliability, spool, lag, boost are people getting out of these turbos.

I've talked to HellbentS10 about the 6.0 build he did on a GTO, which is similiar to what i'm gonna be doing. I know Hellbent got over 800 hp out of his build with a 76mm. I know i'm gonna need at least a 76mm and they seem to spool up fast and work good depending on setup. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mg98ta
I'm gathering parts up to do a turbo build and put my car back together. I'm gonna do a stock 6.0 build on race gas and see how far I can push it. I've posted in the WTB parts forum looking for a 76mm turbo. A member on here has a Holeset Hybrid 76 from an HP Performance kit that he is selling so he can upgrade. How many have or are running one of these turbo's. What kind of reliability, spool, lag, boost are people getting out of these turbos.

I've talked to HellbentS10 about the 6.0 build he did on a GTO, which is similiar to what i'm gonna be doing. I know Hellbent got over 800 hp out of his build with a 76mm. I know i'm gonna need at least a 76mm and they seem to spool up fast and work good depending on setup. Any info would be appreciated.

We carry some of the Holset units. Most are smaller then 76mm and the ones that are 76mm are fairly large units. They get as big or bigger then the S400's.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your opinion on them DR Turbo? How do they compare to a S400 75mm? I look at the turbo this guy has. It's coated and is a nice looking turbo. But it's not that big. I had a Precision T76 and i'm not sure but it looks smaller than the Precision I had.