Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech owners, have you replaced your BPV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vortech owners, have you replaced your BPV?

I have a V9 G-trim with the Bosch plastic bypass valve recirculating back to an intercooler. I'm considering replacing the Bosch because I haven't read great things (plastic construction, rubber diaphragm prone to failures, etc.). The ATI Procharger guys seem to love the ATI Race vented to the atmosphere. That device appears to have a flange to bolt to the plumbing, but my Vortech plumbing is setup for hoses to attach in to the BPV.

What are you using on your Vortech?

Is it recirculating or venting to the atmosphere?

What do you like/dislike about your setup?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

I replaced mine with an rfl bov. I see that you are real local to me. Would you mind giving me a ride in your car. I'm still installing my blower and would like to see how it pulls.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Check your PM
Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Vortech race bypass valve is a direct bolt on to the aftercooler. If you are recirculating you would need to either weld on a larger bung for a larger hose or neck down the hose.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
The Vortech race bypass valve is a direct bolt on to the aftercooler. If you are recirculating you would need to either weld on a larger bung for a larger hose or neck down the hose.
THAT IS NICE, is that a rcmr kit? I was thinking about going with the t trim this winter. how many pounds boost are you running and how many pounds is it capable of? this is my set-up only 8lbs right now but I still have the stock bottom end.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
I don't have the Vortech aftercooler, instead a Procharger intercooler down in the nose more like your setup. It looks like you have the same bypass setup as me with the hose running to recirculate. What bypass valve is that in your pic?

Quick Reply: Vortech owners, have you replaced your BPV?