Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

final part to turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default final part to turbo build

I have spent plenty of time piecing together a build and reading on here. What I ended up building was starting with a good L92, bored 4.070 with wiseco pistons and K1 rods, total of 382 ci. SCR of 10.1:1, L92 heads with LS3 intake valves. Will be running with a stock truck intake, cam is 229/240, .624/ .614 114+4. I saw what I believe was an identical cam in an otherwise bone stock L92 motor and truck intake dyno around 515hp at the crank. So I am using this as my reference and guessing my crank HP somewhere close to the same. So I figure with 8-10lbs through a t-78 I should be making around 700 crank HP on pump gas. I want to know if this sounds reasonable or if im missing something? I have spent 13 months piecing this whole works together, and I need to purchase a fuel system. I have done pretty well on everything so far, and id hate to drop the ball here. I Just want to know if that sounds like a fair guess so I know what to buy for injectors and pump. I plan on adding meth once the whole thing is running, more for safety than to push it. If anyone thinks im over estimating ( or hopefully under estimating ) please let me know! I want to have a somewhat solid number on HP so I can atleast give vendors and idea what im working with when trying to put these last few pieces together. I hate posting a "TELL ME MY RWHP OMG LOL WTF BBQ" I just, dont want to have to spend money twice. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by dimetweaker; 06-06-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:50 PM
9 Second Club

Assuming it is 700 hp with 8-10 lbs. of boost,which sounds pretty fair. It never hurts to have too much of a fuel system. More than likely 700hp won't be enough in the future. Just make sure you estimate future goals with it too. Talk to Nasty performance and he will set you up for your application.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

700hp flywheel should be easy enough at your 10 psi boost, build the fuel system with plenty of reserve...

your engine/ turbo combo has the potential to push closer to 900hp flywheel with high boost so spec your fuel system to handle that, and you won't be doing it twice........... because you will want more, boost is addictive !!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Restricted User

Default build

sounds like a fun build. for your build i would run bigger then 42lb injectors just to be safe we run 42 lb with are stock based ls1 it makes 510 hp with 640 lb of torque. let me know what parts you need ill get you them at my wholesale cost
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 AM
TECH Regular

I dont plan on running race fuel through the thing, nothing beyond meth injection on pump gas, so this set up will probably never reach its "full potential". If I end up going bigger HP on pump gas I think it would have to be more cubes and turbo? But Ill keep that in mind anyhow. Thanks for the replies everyone. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

I would go with 60's if your going thru the trouble of purchasing new injectors and having to tune it I would just go straight to the 60lb injectors.

Quick Reply: final part to turbo build