Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Upgrading the STS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading the STS

Hey guys, finally figured out what my problem was with my STS kit. i had a broken wire from the power post on the drivers side to the pressure vavle that triggered the relay. replaced the wire and we are smooth sailing now.

My other question i have is i want to upgrade the kit a little bit. The dual stage boost controller on the car i'm not crazy about. the switch is mounted underneath the car exposed to the elements, in my mind that can't be good. So i was thinking of upgrading to a electronic boost controller that i can adjust on the fly from the cockpit. Has anyone ever done this before? which EBC did you choose and why?

I like the idea of flipping the switch and having my methanol and high boost kit on at the same time, but to be honest i'm not even sure if my methanol is spraying under high boost. I know it it kicks on to high boost judging from my gauge.

Then again i'm sure i can turn it on and do a couple hard runs and check the level of the methanol tank to see if its working.

Which leads me to ask you this. Is there anyway i can just turn the methenol on with a switch and have it start pumping right away without it kicking into high boost? Knowing that all i have to do is flip a switch to activate the meth would be simpler i think than having to wait until high boost is triggered. Buy maybe i'm wrong.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to test the methanol would either blow into the trigger relay and see if it sprays or just look at your IATs, if you see them drop suddenly it should be working.