Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Leaky Procharger head unit- What did you do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky Procharger head unit- What did you do???

Ive got a p1sc on my 05 gto. Its been installed for almost 20k miles. It has developed a small leak on the front shaft seal (behind the pulley). Its not to bad but it leaks down every few months to where I have to add some fluid. Ive heard of people sending them to ATI, spending almost 1k$ and it still leaks when they get it back....So, Ive been just keeping it full and letting it leak out slowly. If yours leaked, what did you do?

Also what weight gear oil do you use if not the ATI stuff? Ive read different things.

Thanks

Chander
Old 07-22-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just call them and tell them what's going on. I called first, sent it in and receive mine back with new seals and fully inspected. They did'nt even charge me for the seals. It was like $135 with shipping.
Everyones experience seems to be different though. So I'd say your best bet is to call first and speak with a tech.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Just send it back to ATi for a refresh. They are great to work with.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have ati go threw it, it could save you alot of money down the road
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L GTO
Ive got a p1sc on my 05 gto. Its been installed for almost 20k miles. It has developed a small leak on the front shaft seal (behind the pulley). Its not to bad but it leaks down every few months to where I have to add some fluid. Ive heard of people sending them to ATI, spending almost 1k$ and it still leaks when they get it back....So, Ive been just keeping it full and letting it leak out slowly. If yours leaked, what did you do?

Also what weight gear oil do you use if not the ATI stuff? Ive read different things.

Thanks

Chander
Are you sure it isn't actually coming out of the fill screw/breather? The unit will build pressure at times and seep oil out of the fill screw. The oil is a very lightweight viscosity and usually leaves no trace of where it actually leaked from. I sell replacement ProCharger oil at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-ProCh...ME001G-006.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Are you sure it isn't actually coming out of the fill screw/breather? The unit will build pressure at times and seep oil out of the fill screw. The oil is a very lightweight viscosity and usually leaves no trace of where it actually leaked from. I sell replacement ProCharger oil at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-ProCh...ME001G-006.htm Bob
Thanks guys. I guess it could come out of the fill screw but its tight and it has the washer under it. There was a dirt build up around the bottom of the front shaft so thats what made me think it was that.

Any price ballparks on a refresh from ati?

Quick Reply: Leaky Procharger head unit- What did you do???