Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

? re: exhaust manifolds for turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Question ? re: exhaust manifolds for turbo setup

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between any of the exhaust manifolds that come with the LS1 cars/trucks. I have a 98 z28 i have an STS rear mount turbo build on and grenaded the engine. In the process of rebuilding.

I have been told i should be looking at a set of 6.0L truck exhaust manifolds versus what came on the stock 346 LS1 fbodies. Can anyone chime in here.

If the 6.0L exhaust manifolds are the way to go with a rear mount turbo setup, where would someone find these puppies?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if im reading correctly u rear mount should go back the same and no new headers or manifold required?! the truck manifold is what some do and i did for a front mount turbo set-up..
Old 08-13-2010, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The reason why i ask is i have Long tube headers on my current setup...although currently everything is apart.

My question more has to do with the flow qualities or differences in what "would've" come on a stock LS1 versus what i've heard many people are using....the 6L truck manifolds.

I have a set of 99 transam exhaust manifolds but have heard that the 2001-2002 fbody and the 6L truck manifolds flow better than what i have. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what Ive seen Rear mount guys prefer stock manifolds... what you are reading about the truck manifolds is generally for us front mount guys because the F-Body manifolds wont fit flipped around....

Quick Reply: ? re: exhaust manifolds for turbo setup