Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Nice Write-up for Automotion and A&A!! (and me!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Nice Write-up for Automotion and A&A!! (and me!)

Not sure how many of you frequent the Corvette Forum, so I just copied a post from one of our customers who posted in the C6 FI Forum. I'll paste it below along with a link to the actual thread.

Also, I'd like to say how much I LOVE Andy's A&A kits!!! I've installed and tuned countless A&A kits over the last 6-7 years, and both the quality and power potential continue to amaze me!! So, FANTASTIC JOB A&A!!!

Copy Below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...ouisville.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...ouisville.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new old tuner now active in Louisville

Please bare with me on this post because I had an amazing experience at a local shop, Auto-Motion in Louisville, KY. When ChargedC5 and I put an A&A kit on my '06 Z51 A6, the only tuner in town (with a dyno) was at Auto-Motion so by default, I went there. Their specialty at the time was STI's, EVO's, and Mustangs. Very few LSx went through there and it was evident. I had a few problems with my original tune. The last time I went in, they fixed a few things but there were still some inherent problems. Namely, stalling on WOT from a dig and knock at the upper end of the RPM range. The A6 was another issue as far as poor shift points and unresponsiveness at lower RPMs. There were also a couple of "unexplained" timing squirreliness that remained a mystery. Needless to say, I was going to wait until I could get back to the East coast and schedule something with Chuck at CoW on my way to Boston to get it done right.

ChargedC5 went there a couple of weeks ago and met their new Tuner, Rob Raymer who has a ton of experience with LSx engine tuning. He got some amazing numbers on his tune and he told me about Rob and the hundreds of LSx engines he has tuned. ChargedC5 told Rob about my continuing issues and he insisted that I call.

So I did. He got me in right away and went through the old tune, reset everything back to stock and started over. He kept me informed of everything he was doing and why.

He spent all day on it with the dyno and diagnosing the problems and got some amazing numbers. The end of the day came around and he still wanted to do drivability tuning, but didn't have time to do it the same day because of an evening Dr. appointment and asked if I could leave the car. I explained a logistics issue with regard to transportation (i.e. 2 cars in town and me living pretty far out of town). This is where it gets even better... Rob then said, "Why don't I do this. I'll take the care home with me, go to my Dr. appointment then tweak the drivability pieces and drop it off at your house?" It took me a second to register. I pushed back a bit saying he didn't have to do it, but he insisted.

So Rob shows up at my house at 8 p.m. with my baby all tuned. I drove him back home and he explained everything that he did, where the shift points were, etc. and I got to experience all the differences with him in the car answering all of my dumb questions with patience and professionalism.

Rob went way above and beyond to make sure I had a good experience with him and Auto-Motion.

Here are the results (everything stock with the exception of the A&A kit and RaceTronix wiring warness):
Initial Dyno pull: 531 RWHP and 494 RWTQ
New Dyno numbers: 577 RWHP and 525 RWTQ
AND...It drives like a whole new car. Shift points where I need them at all levels of the RPM spectrum. A safer tune with a little more richness and less boost (8 PSI vs. 9+). Some new springs are needed and possible a fuel pump/BAP replacement to get the most out of it, but wow what a difference.

I highly recommend Rob Raymer to anyone in the Midwest. Personable, professional, knowledgeable and truly understands what good customer service is.

Thanks Rob!

BTW Everything was free of charge!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------