Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about 6.0 manifolds? Come on in please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question about 6.0 manifolds? Come on in please.

Well im looking into buying some 6.0 manifolds for my mustang drag car project. i recently bought my girl a set of diamond earings for her birthday and the next day i was on here looking at mustang threads to get ideas about mine and seen a couple turbo builds and said 'damn it would b nice to turbo my notch' and she said 'well ill buy u one for valentines day since im already buying u the AJE k member for christmas.' When i heard that my mouth dropped! Now i need to get a set of 6.0 manifolds for the 6.0 i already have in the garage. is there anything i should look out for when buying them? i found a set cheap but the flange were the two middle header bolts go on the drivers side is split down the middle very cleanly. is this normal?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, thats normal
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IT_SS
yes, thats normal
ok cool. can turbo manifolds be powder coated/ ceramic coated or is that just a waste and just wrap them with header wrap?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Blue Bird
ok cool. can turbo manifolds be powder coated/ ceramic coated or is that just a waste and just wrap them with header wrap?
Ceramic coating works great but it wouldn't hurt to make some nice aluminum heat shields. They also sell a nice heat shield that goes right over the exhaust housing.

Quick Reply: Question about 6.0 manifolds? Come on in please.