Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

700hp ls1 hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 700hp ls1 hybrid

Hey, I'm currently converting my car from a small block chvy 406 with 550hp to hopefully a 700hp ls series motor. I'm 100% going with twin turbos not single so please don't try to talk me otherwise haha. So far from what I've read on the ls series motors, they will hold 600ish all stock but not reliably. Therefor, the goal is to grab a junkyard motor and run it with my turbo setup and see how I like it and while I'm using the stock motor I will build nice block.

I'm mainly concentration my questions right now on the motor and turbo suggestions. Need some suggestions on which turbos I should buy for 800hp capable. Don't need anymore power. Also, I was told to get the 6.0 motor out of the silverado 2500, 2001yr motor. Considering for boost should I be looking at the 5.3 motor and put the newer yr heads to lower the compression by the 2cc?

This is all going inside a 300zx also. As you can see I have plenty of room to throw 2 snails behind the headlights. Not worried about custom mounts or manifolds ect. That's easy. I'm just a noob with this series motors and looking to be put in the right direction for using the motor stock internally for alittle on boost.