Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PTE 67 vs Comp 67 billet dyno comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTE 67 vs Comp 67 billet dyno comparison

Interesting read I found for a comparison. This test was done on a supra I would imagine since it was found on the supra board.

PTE67 vs Comp67 dyno comparison results

On my quest to try and make 750rwhp on pump/meth using my stock motor with stock cams (ya I know im dreaming here) I bought a Comp 67 billet billet ball bearing with an 81a/r housing. It made good power but I was always interested to see if I was leaving power on the table. Ive been considering getting a pte6766 cea ball bearing 81a/r for a while because of the many high hp numbers seen on the board, but hardly any pump/meth numbers which is what I am after. For me it would be an expensive guess to see if I would gain more hp and I spent all last week calling around getting prices to take the plunge. I was able to get a 6766cea billet ball bearing with an 81a/r just as I wanted from a friend of a friend to borrow. YEAH SCORE.

Initial thoughts with the pte in the car was that it spooled just a tad quicker than the Comp but I could not get on it fully on the street to feel the power. I did my spool test from around 2K to 4K pull in 4th gear. The Comp would make 1.1bar and the pte made 1.25 bar. I attribute this to the nicely cut thin compressor and exhaust wheels on the pte unit. The Comp unit compressor wheel has taller blades which are thicker and the exhaust wheel blades on the Comp are not cut thin all the way in like the pte. I was excited to hit the dyno to see what the results would be.

These results on my car are using PUMP/METH and my wastegate spring maxed me out at 30psi on both units. The test was done on the same dyno at different times in similar conditions, nice cool weather. Please interpret these results however you want for your own purpose.

Here are the specs on my car.

Stock motor/head with stock cams
VPC/SAFC
Gforce ECU
HKS DLI
4" Ebay intercooler
Greddy manifold
Tial 44 wastegate 1 bar spring
4" exhaust

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mp67billk.png/

Continues on here.....

I am on an AVCR and max boost was the wastegate spring of 30psi on both units and both units held boost nicely but could not make anymore. The pte made 712rwhp but my a/f were extremely lean 12.5-12.8 to do so. I was worried my stock motor was going to pop on that pull. When the a/f was lowered to 11's the pte would not make 700rwhp. The Comp pulls were 11.4 - 11.9 range. They are both good units with similar rpm spool but the Comp unit is accelerating faster as seen in the speed graph above.

RPM Graph
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...omp67bill.png/

Last edited by spoolin turbo; 10-07-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply: PTE 67 vs Comp 67 billet dyno comparison