Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin turbo opel, lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default twin turbo opel, lots of questions

I know I have alot of questions in here and appreciate any suggestions I can get, I have read up on alot of combos for engines and turbos but more seem to be race/max hp oriented. so here we go

I am rapidly approaching the point of needing to make choices and start buying parts for my 69 opel gt build
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...9-opel-gt.html

Since this is a street car I am trying to balance power potential with off boost, cruising fuel economy. I will be taking this car on 3-4 hour road trips semi regularly. Looking in the range of 350-408 cubes.

RWHP goal 850

I want to do this on 93 octane only if possible, will use meth if absolutly needed.

I will be building this with twin turbos, Sizing suggestions welcome, looking at precision for something resonably priced. Not looking to spin the motor past 6800 rpm or so. Want to balance making boost quickly with not choking before 7k

I will be using a 4l80E trans, converter suggestions? Again think daily driver.

I already have a A1000 pump, rails, regulator Ect from my camaro, only question is injector size.

I have a 9" rear already and open to gear suggestions as well.

thanks again.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

I'd do a 370 with either pinned mains or a stock stroke crankshaft for a stronger pistons (i.e. more reliabilty) or a 390, go ahead and add meth for safety. Do you have access to E85? Twin PT6262s would be nice on it. PTC Convertors for the win. Or FTI. You will need more pump, I think Aeromotive rates the A1000 to 800hp with FI, the Eliminator, or an MP4303. 80lb Injectors may get you there, the FIC 1000s would be my choice though. 3.50s for gears.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Appreciate the suggestions. No e85 access. Just double checked the pump. Aeromotive says good to 1, 000hp FI. Any stall suggestions and a/r suggestion? On a related note im planning to flip c6 manifolds, so on center or tangential housing?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

The stall has a lot to do with your cam and such, so that will be up to your Convertor Builder, Depending on Cubes I would do the .82 A/R V-Band Housing.

Quick Reply: twin turbo opel, lots of questions