Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Precision Turbo Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision Turbo Problems?

Hello guys Iam planning a twin 76mm 427 lsx and looking for what company to go with for turbos. I have heard (rumors) that people are having problems with Precision turbos not all but some and heard this from different sources. But also heard from some builders thats all they use so Iam kind of confused on which way to go. Thanks for the clarification guys.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a precision 7675 on my old setup and am going with them again for the twins. Great product. I believe there have been some problems reported but those are on the larger head units.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, mostly just 88+mm turbos having oiling issues (no firsthand experience, just what I've read on here and YB). Those aren't confirmed, just what people say on the Internet.

I can't say I've heard of a 7675 failure to date. Some of the smaller turbos you hear about having difficulty but also think about how many 6262's etc. are out on the street compared to everything else. Also the big ones you hear about failing are probably because they're expensive and in expensive cars so people are loud about it.

Twin 7675's on a 427 would be an absolute ******* monster.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DavidPHumes
Yeah, mostly just 88+mm turbos having oiling issues (no firsthand experience, just what I've read on here and YB). Those aren't confirmed, just what people say on the Internet.

I can't say I've heard of a 7675 failure to date. Some of the smaller turbos you hear about having difficulty but also think about how many 6262's etc. are out on the street compared to everything else. Also the big ones you hear about failing are probably because they're expensive and in expensive cars so people are loud about it.

Twin 7675's on a 427 would be an absolute ******* monster.
Yeah I have seen very very fast cars with Precision's hanging on them but I just wanted to talk to you all and see if what I (heard) is correct or not. My builder actually told me to run the Precision 76mm twins but just heard horror storys and you know how those are.

And yeah Iam going for Monster Statis lol It should be a beast when its done.

Quick Reply: Precision Turbo Problems?