Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo SS

I'm getting ready to go look at an SS tomorrow with a T76 turbo kit on it. I'm not familiar with turbo's at all, what are some things that I should look out for when looking this car over, some symptoms that it may not be running right and so on.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would look for smoke, check a plug if you can, look at quality fit and finish of kit. If its heat wraped look for black exhaust stains. out side that looka at it like a normal car. make sure she shifts on par, dont stumble @ wot...normal car stuff. make sure theres no china turbo on it.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Basically just like any car.... get it up to operating temp and take it on a good test drive/ride....20 miles or so.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

I meant little stuff, specifically for turbo cars. If there isn't really anything that's fine and all.
I was thinking of looking at the condition of the fan blades in the turbo, asking if it needs rebuilt etc.

Apparently Stenod performance in Troy Michigan did the turbo, the turbo has about 19,000 miles on it. Just curious what kinda upkeep comes with having a turbo on the car.

Quick Reply: Turbo SS