Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

best cam ratio for supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cam ratio for supercharger

I'm hoping to eventually get either a magnacharger or procharger (haven't decided yet) and wanted opinions on what heads and cam to get. I'd love to have a great sounding idle and it can be a little more on the aggressive side I'd say since I don't drive it very frequently just the occasional Sunday drive or track day. Any thoughts?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Both superchargers will need different profiles and events to optimize each set-up. The size of the blower, size of the cylinder head, and the intake manifold will determine how much overlap and the events the right camshaft will have.

Try to plan everything else out in your build before you choose a camshaft and then a stall converter if you're using an automatic transmission. This way you don't compromise one thing for another and things are made to work with each other.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first find what your goals for the car are now, and for the future, and build it from that. ask questions, research.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
first find what your goals for the car are now, and for the future, and build it from that. ask questions, research.
Or just copy this guy's set-up...then you'll have a real beast on your hands....

Quick Reply: best cam ratio for supercharger