Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo question

Long story short, this is my first turbo/high horsepower car I have owned so I am still learning my way around learning whats normal and what not. So sorry if these questions seem a bit stupid,

The 2 questions I have are this,

1.I just finished up my turbo s400 383 build last week. Car runs great holds on to the revs when you push the clutch in then goes back to idle when you come to a stop. Is this normal and what causes this??

2. I just noticed blue smoke coming from my car only after I have been in boost for a gear or two. Before the turbo was on the motor was n/a for 8 months and didn't burn or emit blue smoke. It doesn't smoke when you start the car cold, nor when just driving around town, nor when your in boost, just after you have made a hard pull and you come to a stop. What causes this, will adding an oil restrictor turbo oil feed line solve this problem, and is it normal to have some smoke after being in boost..

Again sorry if these seem like stupid questions, Im new to the whole forced induction world so im still trying to learn my way around. Your input will be much appreciated
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you running a catch can?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1RAY
Are you running a catch can?
Im running a moroso breather tank with -12 line from the passenger side valve cover. I also took my pcv system off for 2 reasone, it couldn't handle the added crank case pressure and 2nd it was already broke

Quick Reply: turbo question