Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SBE 346/pt88 turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yup sounds like vats. and i gotta say SICK garage!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys I disabled VATS in HPT. So now I dont get any codes. BUT car still wont fire? I have voltage at the injectors but for what ever reason they will not pulse. When I try to start it the log shows rpm while cranking, map, ect.. But nothing shows up on injectors? My question is how do I go about diagnosing this? Could it be my crank sensor, cam sensor? Can you possibly mix the map and cam sensor plugs around? Maybe its the Versafueler. Just looking for any help I can get. Thanks guys!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Default turbo camthinaro

hi there im the one with the rear mount turbo ws6 by jamestown nd, i was PM'ing you about a week ago about your car, and this may sound stupid but my friend who bought that rear mount turbo camaro in jamestown his had the same exact problems your describing that yours is doing now, the bought his for 10k with a over 15k in mods cuz it didnt start did eactly what you said yours is doin now and his problem was his aftermarket fuel pressure regulator didnt have power going to it, he had spark, and power to the injectors but his fuel pressure reg didnt have any power source going to it there for it wasnt getting any fuel, check your wiring on your fuel pressure regulator once, if you have an aftermarket one, i know sounds dumb but my friend ended up stumbling upon a camaro with over 30k total investment paid 10k brought it home and the next day had it running then tuned made 750whp and 700wtq all because it didnt have power going to the fuel pressure regulator the previous owner let it go for 10k, simple fix, sometimes us as people diagnosing a car we think of the much more complicated things instead of whats right in front of us, easy stuff, just a thought give it a shot
thanks, amazing build on the car!!!

P.S.
If you heads dont work out I have a set of turbo heads that are ported and polished 241's with patriot dual valve spring and ti retainers compression is under 10.1 with the right head gaskets, if you use ls9 head gaskets you can get around 9.4:1, keep us posted
Alex Krenz
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Alex,

Not sure what kind of fuel reg your buddy has but mine needs no power to it. Its an aeromotive 3 port reg. I pulled the return line off and turned key on and fuel is coming out there. I then hooked it back up and cracked a fuel rail line and turned key on and also had fuel. The problem I am running into is I am not getting any pulse to the injectors for what ever reason. I dont know If I have a bad sensor some where or if the versafuel I installed is bad? But dont really know how to test any of these things haha. Its something stupid because I never had an issue before. Sometimes if you look at something to long you just confuse yourself so Im in here hoping I can get some help.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice build

one question, what catch can is that?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
very nice build

one question, what catch can is that?
Sent you a PM on the catch can.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GROUNDS on the back of the driver head
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

get it figured out?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

All three grounds on back of head are good. Grounds to block and grounds by fuse block are all good. I went out and bought a noid light set to confirm no pulse and that's what it showed me when I just tried it. If I unhook one of the injector wires and wire it back up factory and tested that injector plug for a pulse would that eliminate the possibility of the versafueler being bad?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sounds like it may be the problem forgive my stupidity but what is a versfueler?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Wooooohoooooo. I found the problem.! To answer your question a versafueler is a controller that lets you run low imp injectors with a factory computer that is meant for high imp injectors. So I unhooked one of the injector wires from the versafueler and looped it back to the factory injector wire tested it with noid light and boom there it was. So talked to Jeff at versafueler and he is going to take a look at it and fix it for me. He is a great guy to deal with! So happy I am done chasing that ghost.. Sending it out tomorrow so I hope to get a run video by the weekend.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Well I feel like I need to share this info. Even though it makes me feel really dumb. So Jeff at acceleronics recieved my versafueler and bench tested the unit. It turns out the box was fine. He talked on the phone a couple times going over things. Turns out my versafueler is a gen 3. When I went to the website for instructions it pops up right away so without scrolling down the page I began the install. Come to find out I installed it using the gen 4 instructions. The inputs and outputs are reversed on these two models. So the box will be here tomorrow and it WILL be running this weekend. Jeff was a great guy to deal with.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Well I recieved my versafueler back today. I installed it and the car fired up. Bad part is it won't start unless I step the gas about half way. If I let off the gas it also dies. Seems like its running a little ruff? I switched the flow rate to 151 which is what the were flowed at 43.5 psi. I also set my base fuel pressure to 43.5. Pretty much confused on how to get this to idle. Going to have to research. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Well I found my problem. I'm not very happy about this. Three of the eight injectors are bad. They were brand new in the box. What's the chances? So I'm seeing if they will warranty them. It seems like I have ran into a lot of problems haha. So I will be working on the interior tomorrow. Taking the rest of the day off lol.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Well they are sending me 8 new injectors so that great news! While I am waiting I finished my interior. The car never had a rear seat or belts ect. So I ordered all that stuff and installed it. I think it looks nice. I am also considering making my door bars swing outs for the (wife). I also was bored and wanted to see what my wheels in the front would look like if the lip was black so I used some plasti-dip I had the cabinit to see what it would look like. I really like it. I am wondering what you guys think of the fronts? I am on hold again till I get the injectors.

Rims the way they were...

Blacked the lip out..?

Interior shot kinda dark sorry.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

Looking badass so far! What are your goals once its finished?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how high is ur ceiling in ur garage that u have a lift?? looks nice
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Looking badass so far! What are your goals once its finished?
Thank you. GOALS ummmm I never really set any haha.

FasTimeSS

My ceiling in my shop is only 11 feet 2 inches. With my car on the hoist I can walk under it with out bending over. I am 5' 10" so that shoulf give you an idea. It works great for what I do.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Love the build and setup man! You may have already posted this somewhere but what radiator are you running? I love the way you have it tucked under the core support and i've been considering standing mine up for a bit more room in my bay.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Love the build and setup man! You may have already posted this somewhere but what radiator are you running? I love the way you have it tucked under the core support and i've been considering standing mine up for a bit more room in my bay.
The radiator I used is GRI-1-25241-X. It was pretty easy to cut the core support and stand it up. I really like the way this looks rather cutting the core out and adding a bar in place. This looks more like it is meant to be this way.

Quick Reply: SBE 346/pt88 turbo build